Just wondering about my Asain Forest Scorpion

BlueEyeOrb

Arachnopeon
I purchased a juvenile Asian Forest Scorpion from a exotic pet shop, and I love the damn little thing, but she (assuming its a she since it has small claws) has not eaten in about 2-3 weeks. is this normal? I look up videos on how to feed them and their scorpions just take the food, mine doesn't want anything to do with it, I feed it gut loaded crickets, but it just lets it crawl on her or away and just sits there. She's not jumpy or attacks everything in sight. At the moment during the day she lays in the back of her hide (below has more details) and at night she's definitely active, but I've tried then too and she didn't want it.

20180929_174754.jpg
Here's a photo of his tank, its a 10 gallon, I keep one side of it moist, keep the water bowl filled, and the hide I gave her is a 3 inch plastic cup I spray painted black for her and covered with substrate. (saw nowhere that spray painted items would be unhealthy to a scorpion, so I figured id at least cover it with substrate to be safe, inside has substrate in it and is not painted, only outside)

Anyways, any idea's on what I might be doing wrong? open to suggestions on how to make her life better cause like I said, I love the little bugger.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Offer it dead prey. Leave a prekilled cricket in over nite. At this small size my heterometrus were very finicky eaters.

BlueEyeOrb

Arachnopeon
I did that last night at about 1am. The cricket wasent moving much, and i set it in front of the hide, it was gone in the morning. I looked all over so i assume she got it. But ill keep trying to make sure shes eating. Thank you :)

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice, I think she probably has eaten before you just dont see it eat. Just toss in a few small crickets, and most likely get eaten.

10 gallons is pretty big for a juvenile, I usually start them in a 5 gallon.

BlueEyeOrb

Arachnopeon
The pet store i bought her at said 10 would be really good. Im starting to think they dont know their facts cause they told me wrong info about my G. Rosaria tarantula aswell. Put a sling in a 10 gallon cause they said itd be great. I downgraded pretty quickly. Lol.

Sillver

Arachnosquire
Wow a 10 gallon for a sling is definitely wrong. Anyways like others have said feed it pre killed feeders. My 1" H spinifer will only eat pre killed.

JoshBC

Arachnosquire
10 gallons isn't crazy for a H. Spinifer. I had a full grown female that was probably 7 inches. They get BIG. Some people keep scorps in deli cups, others terrariums. All depends on your situation, the space you have available, if you're breeding them, etc. I'm a fan of giving them more room, but I'm down to just 3 scorpions at the moment. So I have that luxury. Great starter scorp btw. :) Mine was Pandinus Cavimanus (red clawed emperor).

Chris WT

Arachnosquire
Difficulties with juvies seems to be common. Be patient and you the threads advice and you will be just fine