1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wanna make sure there's scorps are what they are

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Spyder b, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Spyder b

Spyder b Arachnosquire Active Member

Advertisement
    Went to herps today and went scorpion shopping ended up buying a hottentotta sp and a androctonus amoreuxi. I wanna do serious business with these people but I got two questions 1.which type of hottentotta is this 2.are these gravid cause they were sold to as so
    (Pictures below)

Attached Files:

2. Arachnotroik

Arachnotroik Arachnopeon

I'm guessing H. judaicus? but i'm not really sure. Your A. amoreuxi does look like gravid for me. :)

3. JoshBC

JoshBC Arachnosquire

I have a Hottentotta Judaicus and its very black, its legs aren't lighter in colour than its body. I'll post a pic for comparison. My guess would be Hottentotta Hottentotta. Nice A. Amoreuxi. I have a female one if those as well. No experience breeding scorps yet, but she looks lumpier than mine ever did when she was pre-molt.

Attached Files:

4. Spyder b

So would yalls guess be that the hottentotta is gravid?

5. Spyder b

@ArachnoDrew this is why I messaged you and asked if you had these...what are your guesses on what the hottentotta is? And are they both gravid?

6. Deadly1

Deadly1 Deadliest of Them All Old Timer

On the Amoreuxi, if you shine a light on the side membrane you should be able to make out lil circlular embryos if gravid. Hard to tell from dorsal view. Amoreuxi’s can be “eating machines” I’m guessing it was WC? If so, there’s a high probability it may be gravid. I’d check with them and see if it’s WC or has ever been paired if CB.