Just upgrade

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
All right I know I said I was broke but me and my gf hace shared custody of our frog and we bought that ecodirt crap not to long ago (before I bought shade) and luckly for me she was just gonna put it in today so I got about half and it was a real bit*h fixing up the ten gallon tank cuz i got every thing from around my house (after i washed it) i got some 50% pebbles 50 % gravel put the dirt in some woodchips around a live plant some obstacles (rocks) and the tunnel log she seems more active and my humidity gauge went up so i guess that means less spraying. So what do you guys think anymore suggestions. here are some pics kinda crappy

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You need more substrate, upwards of 6-8 inches of it, they love to burrow.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
o okay thanks but shes rather small so i think maybe for now she's all right with that. She already made her first burrow and she seems ALOT more active. But within the next 2 weeks I'll get her some more soil.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
okay i finally upgraded once more see what you guys think.
1. i got a ceramic heating lamp (the scorp actually gets really close to it cuz theres no light)
2. i got some more eco-earth about another 4 inches of it
3. I made the live plant grow at an angle so the crix dont escape
4. i added some eco-earth moss just a little
5. I put some moistened woodchips around the plant (then covered it with moss) to seperate the fertile soil with the eco-dirt
6. Added a botle of water in one corner to get water to the gravel at the botom
7. surround the bottle with moistened woodchips (so stupid ceix dont make themselves to the back then die.
8. Used a gatorade bottlecap for mealworms
9.got some rocks from the beach and made it a little cavern (which it loves by the way a lot more than the log)
10. *exhale* and finally some plastic wrap covering about 80% of the top for humidity.
sorry for the long list if i forgot anything oh well.
Well i want some input and some respectful criticism would be nice.anything else i need for my emp?{D

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i got a little prob. see that green water dish it has some pebbles to keep the crix alive and the water keeps disappearing but i dont see the scorp drink it i fill it up like 3-5 times a day. Why is that?

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sure it holds water? Take it out, fill it up, and let it sit for a few hours outside of the tank.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
its ceramic and it only recently started doing that since i upgraded the tank i dunno what it is it cant evaporate that fast can it? Its on the opposite side of the heater

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe your scorpion is spilling it or if you see substrate in the dish, that can be soaking the water up.

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yep I had the same thing, My scorp spilled it most of the time, that and the dish was tilted so it all leaked out, whatever didnt was abosrbed.

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The stones in the green tub did look a bit like cigarette butts :D
Smokin scorpions heh...LOL

Most likely better to try what ryan c said...fill er up leave it outside and see if its leakin. If not then most likely the water is being spilt around...check the bedding around it. It could also be that the crix help drink the water too...they can really bottoms up wit tat...

My scorp uses the water everyday and erm...takes a bath...looks like a black mercedes in a car showroom all the time :D

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's probably all of those plus some evaporation from the ceramic heat lamp thing. Happens wtih mine too but not to that extent.

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have the same water dish. :D I don't put anything inside it though. My Emp just loves crawling through and bathing in it once in awhile. I haven't had a crick die in it yet either.

~Fred