Just showing off my mantises ;) and ye

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Wikipedia says they were born between 44-64. I’m at the tail end of that range. The meme started with a young lady. A member of the New Zealand parliament.

My comment had nothing to do with anything. Just making light of what a diverse crowd we have here.

mantiscatamp

Arachnoknight
yeah i guess i did post a pic of a spider being murdered on a forum about pet spiders, wow rip lol

mantiscatamp

Arachnoknight
Well first off it's MANTIDS.

Secondly this place is called Arachnoboards. Why post about a spider (arachnid) getting eaten alive by 1 of your pets?

And thirdly why you'd risk 1 of your pets with a spider that's wild caught is daft anyway.
Lmao yeah well for starters I didn't post this in the ARACHNID section did I? Yanno out of all the people here that's the most right out rude thing anyones said so far. There are sections for different things, deal with it

Attachments

BenLeeKing

Arachnoknight
Well first off it's MANTIDS.
And thirdly why you'd risk 1 of your pets with a spider that's wild caught is daft anyway.
Well... depends, Mantids, Mantises, Mantodeans, all three a valid plurals, but I have a prefernce to mantises, and I'll explain why:
Mantids, although a valid plural, I personally only use it for mantises in the Family mantidae; if you use it to encompass all mantises, then you're working with outdated science. The order Mantodea used to be a family in Orthoptera, hence Mantidae - mantids. Hence I only use "Mantids" exclusively for those of the Mantidae family, like Tenoder, Hierodula, Choeradodis etc.
Mantoda is the order of every mantis. hence Mantodeans would be the most accurate pleural to describe all the members. However, "mantodean" is quite the mouthful, and since mantis is the common name for all insects in the order, "Mantises" is my preferred plural.

Lmao yeah well for starters I didn't post this in the ARACHNID section did I? Yanno out of all the people here that's the most right out rude thing anyones said so far. There are sections for different things, deal with it
Just don't argue, snapping back at him won't help the sitiuation of this thread and instead just further escalate it. sometimes just be the bigger pseron and take what they say and just nod along.

Last edited:

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Well... depends, Mantids, Mantises, Mantodeans, all three a valid plurals, but I have a prefernce to mantises, and I'll explain why:
Mantids, although a valid plural, I personally only use it for mantises in the Family mantidae; if you use it to encompass all mantises, then you're working with outdated science. The order Mantodea used to be a family in Orthoptera, hence Mantidae - mantids. Hence I only use "Mantids" exclusively for those of the Mantidae family, like Tenoder, Hierodula, Choeradodis etc.
Mantoda is the order of every mantis. hence Mantodeans would be the most accurate pleural to describe all the members. However, "mantodean" is quite the mouthful, and since mantis is the common name for all insects in the order, "Mantises" is my preferred plural.

Just don't argue, snapping back at him won't help the sitiuation of this thread and instead just further escalate it. sometimes just be the bigger pseron and take what they say and just nod along.
I too prefer mantids. Yes, snapping back is the worst thing to do. If you just say “I respectfully disagree” none of this would happen.

BenLeeKing

Arachnoknight
I too prefer mantids. Yes, snapping back is the worst thing to do. If you just say “I respectfully disagree” none of this would happen.
But then you can’t call a ghosts mantids cause they aren’t in the family mantidae.
Do not lump my beautiful flower mantises with those... those burning mantids.