Just saved 3 tarantulas

Beggottenson

Arachnoknight
I just saved 3 tarantulas from a lady who had them in kritter keeps with absolutely nothing in them, and they were very dirty, the poor ts had no water bowl no substrate nothing at all and were all in stress poses, I just picked them up for 30 bucks, 2 are g rosea, 1 was a curly hair, all around 3 inches, they’re beautiful and very docile, any one have any tips on keeping them? I need to rehouse then asap her kritter keepers were pretty small

Attachments

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Just normal terrestrial housing. Enough substrate to burrow (although mine never burrowed once they passed 3"), water dish and a hide.

Keep the G. roseas (or porteri?) completely dry and the B. albopilosum predominently dry with some added moisture to parts of the enclosure (they appreciate a bit of moisture in the sub).

Just remember to have no more than 1,5x DLS of space between substrate and the top. No mesh lid. And prepare for some pretty long moult cycles. Once they hit 3" (or so), they slow down in growth dramatically. ;)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I just saved 3 tarantulas from a lady who had them in kritter keeps with absolutely nothing in them, and they were very dirty, the poor ts had no water bowl no substrate nothing at all and were all in stress poses, I just picked them up for 30 bucks, 2 are g rosea, 1 was a curly hair, all around 3 inches, they’re beautiful and very docile, any one have any tips on keeping them? I need to rehouse then asap her kritter keepers were pretty small
Sorry but I don't get this. I mean, you own a Pelinobius muticus but you are asking a tip about a G.rosea and a B.albopilosum? o_O

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You should keep P muticus in a deep solid substrate! In my experience theese do best in solid substrate (i used a mix of clay and soil)
G rosea and B albopilosum shoukd have enough substrate to be able to dig, with the exeption that G rosea should be housed on dry sub and B albo on slightly moist!

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Well you already have the advice from the posts before this bit I just have to say what a steal that is not every day You can pick up 3 juveniles for $30 (£23) and we'll done on preventing some horrible slow deaths

Beggottenson

Arachnoknight
Sorry but I don't get this. I mean, you own a Pelinobius muticus but you are asking a tip about a G.rosea and a B.albopilosum? o_O
I honestly never paid attention to these species I never wanted them nor saw me having them lol

Beggottenson

Arachnoknight
Well you already have the advice from the posts before this bit I just have to say what a steal that is not every day You can pick up 3 juveniles for $30 (£23) and we'll done on preventing some horrible slow deaths
Very true! Thank you so much!

Beggottenson

Arachnoknight
You should keep P muticus in a deep solid substrate! In my experience theese do best in solid substrate (i used a mix of clay and soil)
G rosea and B albopilosum shoukd have enough substrate to be able to dig, with the exeption that G rosea should be housed on dry sub and B albo on slightly moist!
Awesome thanks! I do in fact have my p Muticus in a foot of solid substrate!

Flashback

Arachnosquire
Glad you helped them! What are stress poses & what do they look like? Just interested in case my T ever makes one or I see a T doing one.