Just rehoused my P. rufilata

14pokies

Arachnoprince
That's what I have my 8 inch girl in.. She became extremely reclusive and went off feed for the better part of two months.

I finally said to hell with "she just needs time adapt".. There was a problem. I pulled her out filled a third of the cage with substrate and added multiple hides and branches so that she had nooks and crannys everywhere to hunker down in..

Within two weeks she was eating like a beast again, and now about 5 months later, is currently full of eggs. I litteraly just checked on her and she ballooned up almost over night..

So give her time to adapt but if she goes of feed for a long time or is constantly hiding you may need to clutter up her enclosure..

Looks good though..

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
That's what I have my 8 inch girl in.. She became extremely reclusive and went off feed for the better part of two months.

I finally said to hell with "she just needs time adapt".. There was a problem. I pulled her out filled a third of the cage with substrate and added multiple hides and branches so that she had nooks and crannys everywhere to hunker down in..

Within two weeks she was eating like a beast again, and now about 5 months later, is currently full of eggs. I litteraly just checked on her and she ballooned up almost over night..

So give her time to adapt but if she goes of feed for a long time or is constantly hiding you may need to clutter up her enclosure..

Looks good though..
And here I thought I over cluttered it. I was debating to put another cork hide in it, but I didn't have one that looked right. Hopefully the extra leaves and everything helps.

cold blood

Staff member

Looks good though..
When I saw the enclosure I was about to make similar suggestions.

And here I thought I over cluttered it. I was debating to put another cork hide in it, but I didn't have one that looked right. Hopefully the extra leaves and everything helps.
I would lean the wood in a manner that she can create a hide beneath it...and surround the base of that with the plant clutter.

Otherwise it does look really nice.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
One of my favorite Poki's and my first. She's gorgeous, and just a teenager in size. I'd love to see her once she's full grown. My male Rufi always liked having a lot of cover.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
My female rufilata is the same size. I desperately need to rehouse her. I am building her a new enclosure. I appreciate the ideas shared here.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I thought you had two spiders in there, until I realised it was just a reflection

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know rufilata are one of the largest pokie species, what would be a suitable size for a permanent enclosure? The next exo-terra/zoo-med size up is 18x18x36. Is that what you all would recommend?