Just ordered P. subfusca lowland

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Hazaa! That's one to mark off the wishlist after a year of waiting.
It's a 1'' sling so Heres a question. At this size, do pokies usually burrow like some other arboreals? and how skittish can this species be?

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Hazaa! That's one to mark off the wishlist after a year of waiting.
It's a 1'' sling so Heres a question. At this size, do pokies usually burrow like some other arboreals? and how skittish can this species be?
Yep, they'll definitely burrow. Both my "highlands" built dirt curtains down to the sub, and then burrowed on down. Both of mine stay out in the open even when popping the lid off, but one has become a "nervous" eater after her last molt. She always ends up grabbing the food though. Besides that, I'd say they're pretty tolerant. Of course, like all pokes, they'll bolt in a random direction if you bug them enough.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
pretty much a bigger, re skinned Psalmopoeus with bad venom. care is the same, maybe a little dryer.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I keep all my poecs at that size the same way. A top opening enclosure(deli cup 32oz). Two-three inches of substrate with a half cork round planted in the sub. I add a free standing plant near the bark and a water dish (cup in a cup) on the side of the enclosure near the top.

As small slings they all burrowed/dirt curtained up. Whenever I've worked with them they have always retreated to their hides. The only time I mess with them is when I am moving them. They are usually out a lot at night.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Haha, I think you protest so much because deep down you secertly love them and don't want others to know.

It's ok man, you can be honest. :p
No :-s

In all honesty the only thing I'm seriously pissed off man is that I can't go down (near) Roma this month for this:

www.aracnoroma.it

life is unfair :-/

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
That does look cool. Too bad to can't go and give us the scoop on it.
I shouldn't complain because after what happened (even if that was an act of pure ignorance) we still have access to those arachnid expo but the time-limit is really strict... always a couple of hours (8 max 10 in general). Add the time-life issues and you're done, especially for us living in the Northern part.

I know, however, one of the sponsors, great guys and sellers :-s