Just my LUCK!!

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Well, the second PZB that I got with my order from Paul - the one that was doing really well but was meaner than a really mean viper - is having some problems. First, let me say that I was going to be taking her to the reptile show this weekend and trading her in with Pat because I don't like her temper. So she must of realized that and went off food, then, 2 days ago I see the tell tale dark skin on the bum which means a shed is coming so I'm not going to try moving her when she's ready for a shed. So, no trade. But, that wasn't good enough for her. Now, I look at her and she has bright yellow, tiny, fluffy fungus / mold growing on the top of her chelicera and by her eyes!! I've never seen the likes of it. Plus she has some of the same white fuzzy fungus that the sick one had. I have her fairly dry with a water dish so over wettness can't be the cause. Does anyone have any ideas on this? I treated her with the same stuff I used on the sick one for it's fungus. I hope that these two don't have some wierd tarantula fungus disease that is going to spread through my collection. I so regret ordering those spiders. But, hey, at least the babies are doing really well - some have shed 2 TIMES already!

Gail

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't know what it could be but if I were you I would seperate them for the other like in another room just to be safe. hope everything works out.:D ;) :)

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Whitfileds ointment...

:? :? ;P well i dont know if i spelled that right or not but its a tripple antibiotic and fungus distroyer,,, talk about something that works wow it does.. just dab some on with a Q-tip.. if you can find the stuff,, try a drug store, or pharmacy..im gone ;P =D

Attachments

Last edited:

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
umm.... was it from Paul at arachnocenter.com?
if it was call him up and demand an exchange.... he stands by his spiders most of the time and will at least hook you up w/ a good deal next time you order.

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
ah, hum, how can I say this without getting too crass - Paul and I are not on very good terms and it has not been my experience that he stands behind what he sells - best bet is to check out my post in the dealer reviews as I don't think that here is an appropriate place to talk about it.

Gail

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Gail-

I don't remember what you used for the other spider, but many folks on the ATS list recomended geneatian(sp?) violet or 10% betadine solution as a treatment for fungal infections. I have used the betadine myself and can say it works. I dabbed it on with a q-tip.

Sometimes ambiant conditions can be condusive to fungal growth. My bugroom is quite humid, and sometimes fungus can get started even in cages that are otherwise dry. The desert/scrubland species seem to be the most vunerable, I suppose those from humid forrests are more accostomed to that sort of thing. I've taken steps to improve the situation, by improving ventilation to the room and adding an air filter. I don't know if that's relevant to your situation, however. Hopefully the problem will stay confined to those two spiders and you can clear it up.

Wade