just how slow

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
James I got mine in September and it was just big enough to see...lol well it was TINY fit on the end of my finger with room to spare!!
Well, You saw the link I posted when it shed....I would guess its now 3.5 inches. Its growing pretty fast...prolly a boy :D
This is my chaco the day I got it See the baby chaco

Michelle

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by James M.
Just how slow do chacos grow?
IME, not super fast, but not as slow as some others, either. So I'd say somewhere in the middle (perhaps a bit faster than average).

It also depends on how often fed, etc.

flchris

Arachnopeon
My powerfed sling has gone from 1/4" at the end of may 03 to 2.25" presently. Molting aprox every 30 days or so. probably female :D

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Michelle,
I got 2 girls that might be looking for a boyfriend in the future;)

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Diane Its a deal!! I hate to think about him getting munched....its the first T I got, and Im REALLY attached. BUT Id hate to deprive him of the "GOOD" stuff;)
Michelle

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Out of the 3 species of Grammostola that I'm raising (alticeps, aureostriata, & pulchra), the aureostriata are the fastest growing. They're definitely faster than B. smithi but nowhere near, say, a B. albopilosum.

James M.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I apreciate everyones help, thank you. I have a chaco sling and was wandering just how slow thay grow.

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Woo~Whooo!!
My girls are gonna get some!
Just give a yell when he's ready for a trip.:D

Earth Tiger

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
IME, not super fast, but not as slow as some others, either. So I'd say somewhere in the middle (perhaps a bit faster than average).
Emm, while it is faster than some other slow growers like B. smithi, it is still one of the slowest and cannot be put in the category of "a bit faster than average". Slings in the genera Theraphosa, Lasiodora, Nhandu, Avicularia and in most of the Old World genera mature in less than 2 years (some even get to 9 inches or more, like Haplopelma, Lasiodora and Theraphosa), a far cry from chacos.