1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just housed my first ever slings

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Jdhdbxbsjs, May 17, 2019.

1. Jdhdbxbsjs

Jdhdbxbsjs Arachnopeon

Texas
    Advertisement
    Just wondering should I feed them or should I let them settle in for a day or two

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Liquifin

Liquifin Arachnoangel Active Member

Better to give them at least 3 days to adjust before feeding for the standards of rehousing any T.

Some people try earlier depending on them.

3. Jdhdbxbsjs

Jdhdbxbsjs Arachnopeon

Texas
    Ok thanks

4. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoprince Old Timer

You can try to feed, slings use to eat readily. More important to let adult spiders settle than slings

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jdhdbxbsjs

Jdhdbxbsjs Arachnopeon

Texas
    Ok

6. Vanessa

Vanessa Grammostola Groupie Arachnosupporter

I usually feed the following day. If they are in the .25" to .5" range, I would be feeding them pre-killed crickets or meal worm chunks and I would just leave those in there for 24 hours to let them snack on if they want to.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

I wait until the day after housing to attempt feeding

8. Theneil

Theneil Arachnoprince Active Member

USA
    IMO if a rehousing goes smooth and calm with the spider, they will often eat immediately. if there is a lot of bolting or stress curling or deffensiveness, then they probably wont rat for a couple yours when they calm down again.

Really though the choice is yours. you can feed right away or wait 1-3 days. It honestly should be of minimal consequence either way for healthy specimens.

• Sad Sad x 1
  9. Enrgy

Enrgy Arachnosquire

some will eat, some don't. won't hurt to find out.

10. Jdhdbxbsjs

Jdhdbxbsjs Arachnopeon

Texas
    Hey one of my slings has been sitting on the water in its cage for like 3 or so hours so I went to see if it was ok and it was fine why was it sitting in the water for so long

11. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoprince Old Timer

It was probobly drinking, or is it kept way to dry.?

12. Jdhdbxbsjs

Jdhdbxbsjs Arachnopeon

Texas
    Ok

13. Theneil

Theneil Arachnoprince Active Member

USA
    Could just be doing spider stuff. i had an A. chalcodes that went through a period where it was constantly going for a float on the waterdish. I think it was just trying to discover its true self. it went through an awuatic phase and an arboreal phase (had to be upside down on the lid ALL the time) but they were short lived and it has settled on being terrestrial. :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. Jayvicularia

Jayvicularia Arachnopeon

My D. Pentaloris has been running laps around the enclosure all night going on a solid week now. I though it might have turned male after its recent molt and been in search of a mate...but I got a good close look at the pedipalps today and that doesn't appear to be the case. Its probably just trying to set a new arachnid distance running record to impress her neighbors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. For slings you can feed immediately, I usually feed prekilled prey their first time. Just picked up 8 new slings and they all ate on their first day of housing