just have one easy question???

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
hey im picking up some slings tomorrow of Grammastola aureostriata (chaco golden knee) anyway at whay size approx. do they stat to show there adult colors?

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You'll see some adult markings that would lead you to believe they are chaco's around the 1.25 to 1.5 inch mark, but a lot depends on how you (or I) estimate size. My 1.5 inch may very well be Misfits 2 inch. At any rate, 2 inches would be a good overall estimate for most species.

Botar

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
ive never owned this specie before and was curious....ive seen so many pics and heard so many awsome things about them i could not pass them up...thanks for the replies. :worship:

8SEXYLEGS

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They are beautiful! Infact, I think I have decided that a Golden Knee is next on my wish list. I heard they are very doile and don't have the insane mood swings that rosies do.

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Mine are like 6 months old, I've had them for about a month now. Not much growth on them. Still under 1/2 inch..

DanD5303

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Our CGK was 1.5 inches 10-02-04, has molted twice, and is 2.5 inches now. Her markings really showed up with the last molt when she went from 2 to 2.5 inches. Dan

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have 2 chacos, and I agree with everyone that they starts to show coloration around 2-3'', but they are much, much cool looking once they reach adulthood, I saw a fully grown specimen once at the reptile show and it was gorgeous I didn't even realized it was a chaco till the seller told me.

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I feel like a heel.

A friend sent me some pics of his chaco. Here I go again Mike. His is so nice he makes it go to work.
It is a teddy bear T. :) :drool:

Last edited:

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just got a 1 3/4 inch from Botar and it by all means looks like a tiny chaco. :worship:

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
nowhereman said:
If you don't plan on handling the T. Get one of these. Nearly always out easy to care for. Acanthoscurria geniculata ( Giant Brazillian White knee) :clap:

http://www.tarantulas.us/gallery/Acanthoscurria-Geniculata

i dont usually handle any of my T's except my avic avic and that is a very rare occasion as its in its web a lot of the time...im fimiliar with that T heard its awsome but im running out of T space got to build another cabinet :evil: my 26 T's take up more space than i thought... :D. god this hobby is addicting.

thats a really nice A geniculata looks pretty darn big too :clap:

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She's a sweetie, just anti social ! :eek: About 6.5 "
We keep our T's in the living room ! Beats the hell out of watching TV most of the time. We need more room too but I'll deal with it later. The coffee table is still empty. :D

Last edited:

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
nowhereman said:
She's a sweetie, just anti social ! :eek:
We keep our T's in the living room ! Beats the hell out of watching TV most of the time. We need more room too but I'll deal with it later. The coffee table is still empty. :D

ummm coffee table not a bad idea... :D.

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
Very roughly, they start to show stripped knees at 1.5", and body turn dark at 2". Knees turn gold at about 2.5-3".

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
What an odd coincidence...I'm about to get a Chaco for 15 bucks. A 2" sling. Just have to get settled for Christmas then I'll bring the little lady home.

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Deschain said:
What an odd coincidence...I'm about to get a Chaco for 15 bucks. A 2" sling. Just have to get settled for Christmas then I'll bring the little lady home.
A 2" chaco for $15 is a bargain. Better go get her. :)

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
nowhereman said:
A 2" chaco for $15 is a bargain. Better go get her. :)
Normally I'd already have her home...but with Christmas and alot of other personal things going on, I just don't have the time to give her just now. That and she just molted.
Thankfully I already paid for her, and don't have to worry about someone else buying her.