Just got a grammastola iheringi

Scrivo

Arachnopeon
The leg banding is not as visible as second photo makes out and not as visible as your LP

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
^ That photo almost looks like a B. vagans to me. I think the legs have too many long hairs for it to be one, though. Compare the leg hairs in this pic and that one.

Last edited:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
^ That photo almost looks like a B. vagans to me. I think the legs have too many long hairs for it to be one, though.
I wanted to say Brachypelma too, but those long setae on the abdomen throw me off.

Scrivo

Arachnopeon
Lol let’s sort the sp out 1st I can only handle one can worms at a time

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Ummm don’t mind if it’s not a g iheringi but would like a ID
My best guess is Lasiodora __________ . Could be a hybrid, too, making ID really hard.

Another possibility might be a B. vagans/B. albopilosum hybrid, which might explain why it looks like a fuzzier vagans.

Size is another clue to pay attention to. If it gets up over 6 inches, Brachypelma gets less likely, and Lasiodora becomes more likely.

Last edited:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Lol let’s sort the sp out 1st I can only handle one can worms at a time
You might have to wait for a moult and see what the spermathecae look like to be certain on species. Even then, it might not be exact to species.

cold blood

Staff member
Here's the issue with a misidentified t without obvious distinctions....fact is you will likely NEVER be 100% certain on the species.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Too dark to be Lasiodora difficilis, they are more of a grey overall.
My 5"+ female.
View attachment 308958
I suppose I shouldn't make guesses without owning the species. Google and photo editing has led me astray once again, as I assumed they were a darker color naturally, and the lighter/grey ones were due a molt

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I suppose I shouldn't make guesses without owning the species. Google and photo editing has led me astray once again, as I assumed they were a darker color naturally, and the lighter/grey ones were due a molt
They could get darker once mature, I've seen photos of them looking much darker. If his girl is only 4", she is going to still be the greyish colour that my bigger girl is.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
They could get darker once mature, I've seen photos of them looking much darker. If his girl is only 4", she is going to still be the greyish colour that my bigger girl is.
So L. difficilis is out, but is L. klugi still a possibility?

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah, or an LP...or something completely different.
An LP was actually the only Lasiodora I thought it couldn't be. But I've been wrong before, and I'll certainly be wrong again.

I'm excited to see what it ends up being. @Scrivo, be sure to post a photo of the spermathecae whenever it molts. That should help a bit

Scrivo

Arachnopeon
It’s ok mystery Is over ! I have got hold of seller and mistakes had been made and it’s defo a b vagans , am sorting it out now