Just bought my first scorpions

Scorponok

Arachnopeon
I've been interested in keeping scorpions for some time now and have done a lot of research. I just found this message board last night and read a few dozen of the pages. A few hours ago, I bought two emperor scorpions for my 29g tank. One's about 4" long (I've named him Titus) and the other is about 3.5" (I've named him Caligula). I'll post pictures when I get them back from the developer.

So far, I've seen them both drink from the water dish as I think their pet store habitat was a bit dry. Their new home has a temperature of 29C (84F), a humidity of 78%, and a substrate of coconut fibre. Titus has explored the tank rather thoroughly while Caligula went straight for the hide and seems to be content there.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Welcome to the Boards and the hobby of scorp keeping. This is the best forum on the web to learn and share info about these fascinating creatures. Good Luck
Brian

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Maybe you should raise the humidety to 80-85% as they like it quite moist. As emps are really hardy you don't have to do it, but they would like it.
Welcome to the boards and prepare to get heavily addicted. I know I am!

Addicted
Peter

Scorponok

Arachnopeon
Thanks, I'll mist the tank to increase humidity. I currently have the Night Glo bulb on so I can see what they're doing and it's a really cool effect. It's not a blacklight as they're not glowing and it's safe.

James M.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Caligula is doing what emps. do best, hiding and thats about it. Welcome to the boards and do not forget about the search engin,lol. This place realy is the best. :D

Scorponok

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone. This morning, I couldn't find Caligula at all! I guess he buried himself overnight. Titus was snuggled into a crevice of my mangrove root though.