Just abit concerned?.

Misschloejenkins

Arachnopeon
The only time too much dampness is dangerous is if there isn't enough ventilation (and obviously if the enclosure is being kept more like a swamp than a home for a tarantula). Even for species that prefer it completely dry, an accidental spilling of too much water in the enclosure isn't bad here and there as long as there's enough ventilation that the substrate dries eventually. Unless the substrate is ridiculously wet and you know it won't dry out, there's no need for substrate changes at all. Many on here have kept the same substrate for years and it's perfectly fine. :)

I only change substrate when I rehouse my Ts into larger enclosures. Even a bit of mold and mites in the enclosures aren't dangerous to your pet and will usually disappear on their own without any interference, so don't panic if you ever see any of those either (unless you're finding mold in the enclosure of a spider that likes it dry, but we don't need to address that unless it happens).

Just because you haven't seen your tarantula drink, doesn't mean it's not taking in any liquids at all. For the most part, tarantulas actually get their water and fluids from the food they eat, and they're actually incapable of eating if they're truly dehydrated (which is why @boina told you it was literally impossible for yours to be dehydrated). Lots of people never see their tarantulas actually drink from their water bowl. The bowl is more of a precautionary measure, because often if the tarantula is going for a drink, it really needs that extra water. You may notice your T drinking more as it approaches a molt, after a molt, or any time it decides to fast for any extended period of time.

I just realized that you put your location as Thirsk on your profile. Is that Thirsk, England? If that's the case, I actually can't sell anything to you because I'm located in the US so I can't sell anything internationally. :( There's quite a few sellers on here located in the UK, however, so there will still be plenty of opportunities for you to buy from extremely knowledgable sellers (much more so than me)
Thank you ever so much again for all the helpful infomation hun i really do appreciate it alot and yes i do live in Thirsk and aww noo way :(

cold blood

Staff member
Post a few more pics...to me that's not a hamorii, but rather a B. smithi...formerly annitha.

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
14? damn that's alot of care to give, i think my max would be maybe like 3 or 4 lol idk we shall see. what i was thinking while reading you're comment was that maybe if you are selling some off i could buy another one off you that's pretty much already adult size, i keep saying to myself that i want Bracey my T to hurry up and grow lol.
I also said that to myself before, now I have 4 sub-adults and more than 20 slings. (with a GBB incoming next month!)

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I don't have anymore pet Tarantulas honey the B.hamorii is the only pet T i have.
He meant more pictures, of the same T, he believes it could be a different species to what you believe you have.

Pictures of my B. hamorii

Misschloejenkins

Arachnopeon
He meant more pictures, of the same T, he believes it could be a different species to what you believe you have.

Pictures of my B. hamorii
"Post a few more pics...to me that's not a hamorii" that's not the hamorii he said, like i said i dont have any other pet Tarantulas I'm only a beginner and i really don't know why he found it funny for? I've only just started this hobby?.

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
Coldbloid is trying to help you properly identify the species. As previously stated, it may not be what you think it is. At any rate welcome to your new addiction.

Misschloejenkins

Arachnopeon
Coldbloid is trying to help you properly identify the species. As previously stated, it may not be what you think it is. At any rate welcome to your new addiction.
okay well, when i first bought her ontop of the tub it was written in black pen saying BraceyPelma Hamorri The mexican red knee tarantula.

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
That is fine. Pet stores have often mislabelled species. Therefore, while you have been told it is a B. hamorii, it very well might not be.
So, all that is being asked is more photos of your tarantula so that a proper identification can be made. Which is also what Paul and MrTwister were clarifying as well.

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
More pics please :)

"Post a few more pics...to me that's not a hamorii" that's not the hamorii he said, like i said i dont have any other pet Tarantulas I'm only a beginner and i really don't know why he found it funny for? I've only just started this hobby?.
No, there is a difference between saying “that is not a...” and “that is not the...”. Please don’t quote someone then say they said something else.

That is not ‘a’, the species id was maybe wrong in the first place

That is not ‘the’ implies that you made a mistake in the selection of multiple things.

Misschloejenkins

Arachnopeon
That is fine. Pet stores have often mislabelled species. Therefore, while you have been told it is a B. hamorii, it very well might not be.
So, all that is being asked is more photos of your tarantula so that a proper identification can be made. Which is also what Paul and MrTwister were clarifying as well.
here's some more pics of her.

Attachments

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Looks like a hamorii, I am no expert.
Both species look very similar.
Both species? errm what lol. the both images I showed on here are of the same Tarantula this is the only pet T i have in my home.
With "both species" he meant B. hamorii (formerly B. smithi) and B. smithi (formerly B. annitha) as species in general look very similar and that he couldn't say from your pictures which of those species your Brachypelma is. ;)

@cold blood probably knows more. :)

cold blood

Staff member
that is indeed hamorii....the first pics made the oragne on the knees look both smaller and much darker....just the way the pic was taken.

It would have been an easy mistake though with the name changes.

Op, i found your comment funny because my question had nothing at all yo do with other species you owned or dont own....i merely wanted a better pic of the one this thread is about so we could be sure a mistaken identity hadnt taken place.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
B. hamorii (which you have) was formerly B. smithi and B. smithi was formerly B. annitha which is no longer a valid species. What they were trying to do was figure out what species of tarantula you had in your care, not that it's really that big of a deal since the care for all of them is the same. We know you only have one spider, we were just trying to figure out what that one spider was.