Just a question about dehydratation

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
Hello there,

Since I haven't read many articles about dehydration symptoms on a tarantula, I just wanted to know, how does a tarantula look when she is dehydrated ?

Thanks for answering. :)

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
In extreme cases the abdomen may appear shriveled/shrunken, dehydrated specimens are usually quite lethargic in their movement and often times the legs will start curling slightly...eventually what leads to the classic death curl.

Dehydration can induce fasts as well, up until the specimen rehydrates.

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
In extreme cases the abdomen may appear shriveled/shrunken, dehydrated specimens are usually quite lethargic in their movement and often times the legs will start curling slightly...eventually what leads to the classic death curl.

Dehydration can induce fasts as well, up until the specimen rehydrates.
So they'd better be drinking ! Thanks you, always keep their water dish full seems way more important than it looks ! :)

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
So they'd better be drinking ! Thanks you, always keep their water dish full seems way more important than it looks ! :)
Definitely, you never know when they might need a drink...its especially important if you come from a drier climate.

Last edited:

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
Definitely, you never know when they might need a drink...its especially important if you come from a drier climate.
I actually got 2 burrowers (chilobrachys and OBT) and I can assure you that it is really hard for me to not worry when I see their burrow be closed for weeks to months ^^