Just a new owner with old questions!

Brandon Russell

Arachnopeon
@Brandon Russell , please do not use tape or balloons or the like! Tape is not fool proof and can easily be overcome by a determined cat. Balloons are a great way to traumatize your cat and possibly cause behavioral issues. The best way is to put Ts behind some sort of closed door, at least. Cabinets (with latches) and closets and regular room doors all work great as long as there is sufficient airflow, the latch is secure, and you're conscientious about making sure the doors are closed every time.

And I just want to commend you on having your animals' best interests in mind, and on being open to listening to and taking advice. Wonderful! :D
@Brandon Russell , please do not use tape or balloons or the like! Tape is not fool proof and can easily be overcome by a determined cat. Balloons are a great way to traumatize your cat and possibly cause behavioral issues. The best way is to put Ts behind some sort of closed door, at least. Cabinets (with latches) and closets and regular room doors all work great as long as there is sufficient airflow, the latch is secure, and you're conscientious about making sure the doors are closed every time.

And I just want to commend you on having your animals' best interests in mind, and on being open to listening to and taking advice. Wonderful! :D
I know, I just made a poorly executed joke :) when I first got them I tried the water bottle technique and quickly stopped bc I saw how she got scared easier, plus she tore it up.xD

As of right now she doesn’t web anywhere, but I plan I’m getting a side opening exhibit to make life easier.

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
I side opening i think would be fine. If she webs at the top there's a chance you can damage her web when opening the top to feed her
As of right now she doesn’t web anywhere, but I plan I’m getting a side opening exhibit to make life easier.
I just want to mention that side opening enclosures don't necessarily stop the issue with webbing over the door/having to destroy webbing when opening the enclosure. I use side opening for my avics and have had to break webs more than once. They just web it over again.

A couple tips on using side opening enclosures:
While not foolproof by any means, I've noticed placing the decor leaning away from the door/toward the back and not the sides of the enclosure help encourage the T to web on the opposite side from the door.

If you make the enclosure yourself, when cutting the door, leave a space above the door for webbing like you leave the space below for substrate. This saves you from destroying so much webbing if the T decides to web the front of the enclosure anyway.