Just a few backyard things...

Msh

Arachnosquire
What kind of lizard is that bigger one, some skink species I'd guess. I never find any lizards around where I live either.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
oooh! nice alligator lizards:) very cool lizards,i haven't seen these in a long time. nice find!

shebeen

Arachnobaron
Alligator lizards are very colorful and you found a beautiful specimen with its original tail. Many loose their tail to predators and regenerate a new one. I use to catch these every summer when I was a kid. I couldn't pass up a woodpile with out poking through it for alligator lizards or fence swifts (blue bellies).

SandDeku

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That sucks :(
It does. :c Turns out there are species of lizards/skinks but I've never seen one and you have no idea where I go into or crawl into. =___=;; let's just say when I want to see something I will see it one way or another. rofl. I crawl through mud, muck, quicksand even just to see some rare herps. but I never see anything asides some salamanders, common insects, frogs, toads, and some turtles, that's about it. Well and snakes too.

web eviction

Arachnolord
@ shebeen, ya it's tough to find one with its original tail and there my favorite for sure we also have the small skinks with bright blue tails! As well as blue bellies lol

@ sandDeku, lol ya I get pretty dirty hunting critters too lol I just spent 3 hours in a swamp lol collecting frogs...

SandDeku

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@ shebeen, ya it's tough to find one with its original tail and there my favorite for sure we also have the small skinks with bright blue tails! As well as blue bellies lol

@ sandDeku, lol ya I get pretty dirty hunting critters too lol I just spent 3 hours in a swamp lol collecting frogs...
I tend to leave anything that isn't classed on the "overly abundant" status. I.e. you can find bullfrogs, greenfrogs, and leopard frogs by the dozen per square foot of a pond(over here atleast) I don't collect them but I used to as a pre-adolecent

web eviction

Arachnolord
Ya I ment bullfrogs which are way over populated everywhere here... But they taste good sooooo ya lol I usually collect alot...

web eviction

Arachnolord

Seen 47 of these today lol!

Bristle tails?

Ughhh... Have more pics but photobucket hates me tonight!

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Do I my eyes deceive or are a couple of those Harpaphe millipedes orange where they are normally yellow? I know they exist but I'm wondering roughly what percentage of those you found have that coloration?

web eviction

Arachnolord
About 90% are orange ;) yellow is rare as is red and white....

---------- Post added 05-29-2013 at 07:11 PM ----------

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow,very nice! sallys rule:) that looks like ensatina sp. awesome salamander,and quite longlived. nice find.

jthorntonwillis

Arachnosquire
Carry a butterfly net. works 90% of the time....

Same as you man just keep flipping eventually u will spot one ;) lol most of the time they are running threw the grass before I can finish turning the rock/log/old tv over lol usually just catch a glimps of black streaking away...

---------- Post added 05-12-2013 at 01:44 PM ----------

You could probably set up some pitfalls with 32oz deli cups and catch some :)

web eviction

Arachnolord
Haha I see a lot of these salamanders actually most are usually black or kinda red colored they are very neat!

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
I am sooooo jealous that you can just go out and find ten scorpions just waiting for you to pick them up.