Jumping spider weird behavior

Duriana

Arachnoknight
so a couple days ago I acquired a juvenile jumper and She ate today. But I've started to notice some weird behavior. Whenever she walks her movements are very sluggish and slow. (If a video will help I can post that.) has anyone experienced this with their jumpers? I'm pretty concerned by it.

Duriana

Arachnoknight
She has made a sac. Moulting didnt even cross my mind. hopefully thats it and is just premoult?. I'll keep you updated on what happens.

Last edited:

Duriana

Arachnoknight
update time. She hasn't molted but she seems she's moving normally now.. but just to make sure I'm doing everything I can, what's the ideal size enclosure for a Juvie? I have her in 10 inch tall and 5 1/2 inch wide plastic jar right now. She is about 5mm long (bodyspan).

Little Grey Spider

Arachnoknight
update time. She hasn't molted but she seems she's moving normally now.. but just to make sure I'm doing everything I can, what's the ideal size enclosure for a Juvie? I have her in 10 inch tall and 5 1/2 inch wide plastic jar right now. She is about 5mm long (bodyspan).
At that size, I'd say that's a fairly large enclosure. I keep my juvies in baby food jars and sometimes even that is too big. To give a tad bit of perspective, I keep adults in a spiderling enclosure from Jamies Tarantulas. It's not like a bigger enclosure is bad, they just might have a bit of trouble finding prey as easily.

Duriana

Arachnoknight
At that size, I'd say that's a fairly large enclosure. I keep my juvies in baby food jars and sometimes even that is too big. To give a tad bit of perspective, I keep adults in a spiderling enclosure from Jamies Tarantulas. It's not like a bigger enclosure is bad, they just might have a bit of trouble finding prey as easily.
Okay thank you! She usually finds her prey in the same day I put it in her enclosure but if I see her start to not finding it I'll definitely transfer her.