1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jumping spider weird behavior

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by Duriana, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Duriana

Duriana Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    so a couple days ago I acquired a juvenile jumper and She ate today. But I've started to notice some weird behavior. Whenever she walks her movements are very sluggish and slow. (If a video will help I can post that.) has anyone experienced this with their jumpers? I'm pretty concerned by it.

2. Perhaps it's very close to a molt but hasn't built a sac yet? I hope everything is okay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Duriana

Duriana Arachnoknight

She has made a sac. Moulting didnt even cross my mind. hopefully thats it and is just premoult?. I'll keep you updated on what happens.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  4. Please do! Fingers crossed for you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Duriana

Duriana Arachnoknight

update time. She hasn't molted but she seems she's moving normally now.. but just to make sure I'm doing everything I can, what's the ideal size enclosure for a Juvie? I have her in 10 inch tall and 5 1/2 inch wide plastic jar right now. She is about 5mm long (bodyspan).

6. Duriana

Duriana Arachnoknight

7. At that size, I'd say that's a fairly large enclosure. I keep my juvies in baby food jars and sometimes even that is too big. To give a tad bit of perspective, I keep adults in a spiderling enclosure from Jamies Tarantulas. It's not like a bigger enclosure is bad, they just might have a bit of trouble finding prey as easily.

8. Duriana

Duriana Arachnoknight

Okay thank you! She usually finds her prey in the same day I put it in her enclosure but if I see her start to not finding it I'll definitely transfer her.

• Like Like x 1