1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jumping spider enclosure help

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by m8chan, Jun 11, 2018 at 10:58 AM.

1. m8chan

m8chan Arachnopeon

Canada
    Advertisement
    I own what seems to be a female juvenile sitticus sp. (I may be wrong on the sex, i usually check under for a "bellybutton" or the epigyne since i read that somewhere) and her current enclosure is in a medium sized plastic salad bowl. I also read somewhere that jumpers could become depressed if theyre in a too small space and it had started worrying me; I want to get a better, bigger enclosure for her, but I dont have a lot of resources. Can anyone help with planning a new and better enclosure for her and how big it should be?

I will provide pics of her current home if needed

2. basin79

basin79 Arachnoking Active Member

When I kept jumpers (Phidippus regius and Hyllus diardi I had them in 5.8lt tubs. They're large jumpers too. I also allowed them out to crawl on my hands/arms to give them a bit of enrichment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HamZ

HamZ Arachnosquire

London
    You should go for a tall container and fill it with obstacles and things to jump on.

4. Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere Arachnoprince Active Member

CT
    If you want to go for a cheap option, a 32oz. deli cup with small air holes would do the trick. I keep all of my jumpers in that kind of setup.