1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jumping spider concerns

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by BenLeeKing, Apr 16, 2018.

1. BenLeeKing

BenLeeKing Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Just got 2 phidippus otiosus yesterday, and currently housing them in their temporary enclosure. One of them is very active, larger, and starts laying down silk in the enclosure. While the other, is a bit more sluggish, smaller and has issues even climbing out of the cup it came in. So after observing them do a while, I am starting to worry about the little guy, cause it can’t walk up the smooth surfaces of the enclosure. Any jumper experts can explain this to me? And is this something I need to be concerned about? (I have tried feeding it, but it seems to refuse food)

Here are some pictures of my temporary set up, and the little guy who I’m concerned about:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2018 at 5:58 AM
  2. The wolf

The wolf Arachnobaron Active Member

U.K.
    Advertisement
    I have heard that jumpers become incapable of climbing when in premoult,this would explain the sluggishness smaller size and the inability to climb walls

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. BenLeeKing

BenLeeKing Arachnopeon

That’s reassuring to hear~ thanks!