Jumping Spider and lava lamp...missing leg.

Duckytart83

Arachnopeon
This will be my second Jumper,my first died after 6 months,when she molted,and I put too large of prey in there.I've been lurking on here since.I saw this little guy,Morty,on our car.After a few weeks I caught him(i kill all spiders thats jump on me in a moving vehicle,but i like him) I've learned to control my reflexes,and not react,just blow now.I made him a bigger habitat,and last week my bf moved him in.Unfortunately he didn't control his reflexes(first time he had handled him) and Morty lost a leg.He's getting around fine,still making hammocks,and still eatting.I've seen him drink water,and so hopefully he'll get his leg back in a molt (not sure about that though,front leg)I'm doing my best to give him easy prey (extra tiny crickets) keep him well hydrated,and comfy.The only thing I'm iffy about...I have him next to a glitter lava lamp (good heat distance away)He appears to love it,watch it for hours,and intentionally go to it.I'm afraid I might over stimulate him.Is it ok?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
The only thing I'm iffy about...I have him next to a glitter lava lamp (good heat distance away)He appears to love it,watch it for hours,and intentionally go to it.I'm afraid I might over stimulate him.Is it ok?
As long as the heat is far enough away, and you're turning it off at night (for a proper day/night cycle), I wouldn't worry too much.