1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

JR's Invertebrates (www.jrsinverts.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by Norm, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Yardly0605

Yardly0605 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Great to work with. Wonderful packing. All T's healthy and active. Quick response. I will order again soon. Thanks much!

2. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

Very positive!

Did a trade with JR recently and everything went very smoothly. He was going to be out of town the next week, but I've worked with him before and know he's a good seller, so I didn't mind sending my part of the trade before his. He got back into town and informed me that part of what I wanted in trade had died (it was a mature male of unknown age), but he could either replace it with something else or would Paypal me the difference. I chose to pick up something else (B. auratum sling). Once that got figured out, JR got the package right in the mail.

The T's (2 B. auratum) arrived perfectly packaged and were ready to eat the next day. Communication was excellent, even when he was out of town! Very happy with the transaction and wouldn't hesitate to do business with JR again! Thanks!

3. 100% positive to JR's Invertebrates!! My A. purpurea, G. pulchra, C. fasciatum, and freebie M. cabocla arrived safe and sound today. Hand delivered by FedEx and beautifully packed, everyone still toasty warm inside the box even after two day shipping. Great communication, very informative seller, and really appreciate that he'll match the prices of other vendors! Looking forward to buying from JR again soon!

4. 100% survival and health

I recently received a package of nine healthy spiders from JR (James), including a young adult Augacephalus breyeri, a rare one indeed. Others in the package included great looking AF A. urticans, urticans slings, SA male A. metallica, and last but not least, AF G. porteri. :) Some in this shipment I've been looking for, for a long time to say the least. I was happy to correspond with JR, especially about the breyeri, and I was greatly encouraged when he sent over a sharp, color-accurate photo of the specimen.

James, want to tell you I wish all sales and shipments went this easily and well. I'll be keeping an eye on your list for other things that come up in the future. Looking forward to crossing paths again.

Thank you very much,
    Steve
    :biggrin:

5. MobBurrow

MobBurrow Vial Creatures Of The Hairy Mob District Arachnosupporter

Great guy, good experience all around

Spoke with Jr a few times & learned that not only is he knowledgeable but a fairly patient dude, particularly with card issues. It was certainly worth the trouble for myself. I've never opted to 2 day ship before now but with the weather and Jrs packing skills they arrived in perfect health. Divers are a pretty sweet freebie too. Thanks again man.

6. Positive!!

Had an excellent experience dealing with JR. Very quick to respond and the T I ordered cam in a timely manner in excellent packing. He threw in, not one like he said, but TWO freebees!! How can you beat that? All around great experience!

[YOUTUBE]4vH7HogjHhg[/YOUTUBE]

-JohnD.

7. catfishrod69

catfishrod69 Arachnoemperor

Positive!

Just received my end of a trade with JR. Everything was packaged extremely well, and arrived in great shape. JR keeps excellent communication, and is a pleasure to deal with. I look forward to dealing with him more, and highly recommend him to anyone at all. Thanks again! John

8. lmactans

lmactans Arachnopeon

I have had the pleasure of visiting these guys in person, and I cannot say enough about how professional and helpful these people are. Their animals are all housed in clean conditions, and there's not a single unhealthy animal there. These guys also advised me on my first tarantula purchases, and showed me the basics of their care. I could not be happier with my experience there. Highly recommended!

9. pyro fiend

pyro fiend Arachnoprince

got my third order form jr its a lil late but with the holidays its been hectic.. well i do enjoy doing buisness with jr. hes a great guy. easy to work with them.. all T's came in happy and healthy! this time around i got some scorps too.. was a problem with the heat pack and it stopped and one scorp wasnt looking so hot... everyone else was fine.. i let jr know and not only did he feel bad but he EXTENDED the live warrenty.. also hes kind enough to look around for some of me and a buddies desired list including possibly bringing in some from europe on a import when the weather gets warmer! great guy much better then some other people iv dealt with.. and his packing is amazing, and even getting better with each shipment!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just finished up a trade with JR and the entire transaction was flawless from start to finish. There was an unexpected flight delay and my package was delayed an extra day at the Memphis Hub but due to the exceptional packing job all but one animal arrived in perfect condition. I am certain that if the animals were not packed as well as they were it would have been a total loss. I contacted JR and let him know about the issue with the one sling and even though it was in no way his fault and completely out of his control he still offered to make it right on or next transaction. Total stand up guy! I can not recommend JR enough and I will be doing a lot more business with him in the future. Thanks again bud!

11. buckey

buckey Arachnopeon

What more can I say besides AWESOME as always. I went to JR's place of business with some tarantulas to trade and pick some up for other people. I was more then happy with the trade we did. I got way more then I expected for the tarantulas I traded. JR knows his shit and is a pretty cool dude to do business with. Highly recommended.

12. watertiger21

watertiger21 Arachnopeon

A+++

Had an excellent experience with JR! This was my first time ordering from him and I definitely will do so again! I ordered seven tarantulas and two L. mactans. Right before shipping, one of the widows died, so JR replaced it with a T of higher value and offered a longer guarantee on the remaining widow. The packing was great and all animals I received were healthy. Communication was also great; I never had to wait long for a reply to my emails. Thanks again!

13. eminart

eminart Arachnopeon

Very happy with my purchase from JR's Invertebrates. Nice guy, very helpful, and he sells beautiful, healthy T's. I live nearby, so I stopped in to pick up my order. I'm relatively new to T's. He answered all of my questions, and steered me in the right directions. Will do business again.

14. Medusa

Medusa Arachnoknight

First time ordering from JR and will definitely do so again! Best price on the T's I was looking for, and communication through-
    out the transaction was great! He even checked weather conditions and suggested the shipment be held up until temps
    warmed up. My order arrived well-packed and the t's were living and frisky.

15. Radium

Radium Outlaw Valkyrie

POSITIVE

I purchased a 1" Avicularia geroldi sling from JR.

JR is the only U.S. online dealer for A. geroldi I was able to find, after an extensive search. He also has an excellent variety of other Ts, OW and NW, both sexed adults and slings, as well as a few true spiders and tarantulas.

Communication was excellent. He responded immediately to all Facebook messages. He was friendly, patient, and obliging when I needed to change my shipping address at the last moment.

Animal welfare is clearly JR's priority. To prevent packer fatigue and carelessness, he ships a limited number of packages M-W. He will not ship at all during extreme weather conditions, even with overnight shipping. He cares more about the well-being of the animal than making money.

The specimen itself arrived very much alive and quite feisty. It was closer to 2" than 1", which I see as a bonus.

Packaging was excellent. The sling came rolled very snugly in damp paper towels, which in turn fit very snugly into a standard vial. This was wrapped in paper (with my name on it rather than the spider's, for some reason) and nestled into wadded-up paper in a small cooler. The cooler, in turn, fit exactly into the shipping box, with no room for movement. There's absolutely no way the spider could have been jostled to death during shipping.

Note: It's important to completely read the Terms of Service before ordering. Due to the limited shipping and high order volume, it can take up to a week for orders to ship. JR's LAG requires that the DOA be cut in half as proof, and is only valid for overnight shipments when temperatures are between 30°-90°. Freebies are not covered by the LAG.

Overall, you can order from JR's Invertebrates with absolute confidence that your new arthropod friend will arrive alive and well.

16. Have ordered from James twice now and is always very communicative and professional. Not only did he price match with other sites, he's also got cool freebies. Packing is done very well and snug. I also believe he's the only major site that does LAG on 2 day shipping (which is $15 cheaper)... most other sites don't offer 2 day delivery or if they do there's no LAG.

Only area I can see for improvement is that sling selection could be little larger (pretty decent already though), and that sometimes he has to wait to ship because of the weather in Alabama (I had to wait a week this second time around because of a heat wave). Other than those minor things, I 100% recommend buying from James.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  17. Faing

Faing Arachnoknight

USA
    Positive

Packaging was great and being very aware of the weather during shipment to me is more of a plus than a hindrance. I like the live arrival guarantee on 2 day shipping as well.

18. Mattkc

Mattkc Arachnopeon

Great Guy To Do Business With!

***POSITIVE EXPERIENCE***
    If you are considering doing business with James you will not be disappointed! I did a trade with him that was both simple and professionally handled. He has good and responsive communication skills and does an exceptional job with his packing and shipping. most important the T arrived in excellent condition and was eating later the same day! I look forward to doing business with him in the future...

19. Psyrocke

Psyrocke Arachnopeon

MA
    First time ordering from JR, and will definitely do so again. He had a species of Tapinauchenius that I don't normally see but loved the coloration on, great communication and helped me when I made a shipping address error. The order was well packed, and it wasn't too long before my tarantula of choice was exploring the enclosure. It was so well packed that it had to walk out on its own, which I think is a bonus. It even appears that the tarantula I received might be slightly bigger than advertised.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  20. Casey K

Casey K Arachnoknight Arachnosupporter

Positive! A+++

This review is a few days late (my apologies) but definitely in need of leaving one. I had the pleasure of dealing with JR this past week and I will say it was one of the most positive and professional transactions I have had on the boards. He kept excellent communication, packed VERY well, and offered great advice! I look forward to our future dealings with each other! Thanks JR!