User Jpennylane's Tarantula Pictures

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Nice T. but that enclosure is too big, you should use a ounce container for it until it is big enough for that enclosure.

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
Wow that enclosure is huge for a sling. It will make it more difficult for you to find the sling, harder for the sling to find it's food and has the potential for falling. Usually 16 oz or smaller containers are more suitable.

Jpennylane

Arachnopeon
Wow that enclosure is huge for a sling. It will make it more difficult for you to find the sling, harder for the sling to find it's food and has the potential for falling. Usually 16 oz or smaller containers are more suitable.
Thank you! I found a smaller house for it from jaimes tarantulas ‍♀

Jpennylane

Arachnopeon
Nice T. but that enclosure is too big, you should use a ounce container for it until it is big enough for that enclosure.
thank you!!
thank you! I just found the perfect housing for it from jaimestarantulas.com ‍♀

tewebag

Arachnoknight
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens are not arboreal, the way you have the bark vertical looks like you are trying to keep it as such. As pointed out that is a huge enclourse for that small of a sling.

Give it a deli cup or a left over container you can get at Walmart for cheap.

Jpennylane

Arachnopeon
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens are not arboreal, the way you have the bark vertical looks like you are trying to keep it as such. As pointed out that is a huge enclourse for that small of a sling.

Yea, I just ordered one from jaimes tarantulas. Thanks for the info lol! Since, I am a good mother, I will transfer it into something safer right now lol. Smh.

Jpennylane

Arachnopeon

For now I’ll have to put it back in the small deli cup I got it in until the other arrives. Thanks everyone for your help.

tewebag

Arachnoknight
Yea, I just ordered one from jaimes tarantulas. Thanks for the info lol! Since, I am a good mother, I will transfer it into something safer right now lol. Smh.
Bury a small piece of cork bark at an angle and make a small starter burrow (it will not use it), throw in some anchor points using fake flowers or leaves, give it a water dish if room (water bottle cap works fine) and try to leave only 1.5 times the length of the sling of space between the ground level and top of the enclourse.

In a week or a month it will build a nice little web net over everything and never touch the ground again unless chasing a cricket.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Welcome to the hobby! It’s always good to see/find another tarantula keepers nearby.