John Lennon, Lucy Ball Python

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Just picked this little guy up on Saturday. lesser mojave enchi Lucy Ball. He tried to eat today, struck 3 times and missed. He'll get another try tomorrow.
IMG_1146.JPG

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Beautiful snake! love the white morphs. did you try to zombie dance the rat for him? my ball python sucks at eating unless I hold the f/t rat with tongs. his first feeding under my care he missed and lost a couple teeth, he's just fine now though

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Beautiful snake! love the white morphs. did you try to zombie dance the rat for him? my ball python sucks at eating unless I hold the f/t rat with tongs. his first feeding under my care he missed and lost a couple teeth, he's just fine now though
Yeah, I had a couple extra frozen mice that I tried with him. Gave him a live one yesterday, and he grabbed and ate it in under 10 minutes.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Yeah, I had a couple extra frozen mice that I tried with him. Gave him a live one yesterday, and he grabbed and ate it in under 10 minutes.
I've heard some snakes can take extra effort to convert to f/T if they previously had live, I haven't had any problems with any of mine, but I have heard using chicken broth on the thawed rat can make it more likely to take it.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I've heard some snakes can take extra effort to convert to f/T if they previously had live, I haven't had any problems with any of mine, but I have heard using chicken broth on the thawed rat can make it more likely to take it.
Yeah, I've heard of that one too. Probably going to keep him on live, just like my other 2.