1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jenkins Photography

Discussion in 'Through the Lens' started by spider, Nov 26, 2009.

1. blacktara

blacktara Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    "I have a strict belief that the image should be as good as I make it via the camera"

Amen bro.

As far as the fisheye lens, not inclined to sell it. You could pick 'em up on ebay easy enuff

And the first shot in panel 36 is my favorite. Works in all kinds of ways. Just an awesome shot

1st, 6th and 7th shots in panel 29 are real nice too as well as the silhouetted wading bird sunset shot

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  2. spider

spider Arachnoprince Old Timer

Much appreciated :)
    I am going to put some money aside and buy myself the Minolta MD/MC Adaptor to EOS for my 50D so I can use the same Minolta lenses my dad used in the Mid-80s

3. spider

I'll try and update as frequently as possible

from today

nothing fancy, just some shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. spider

5. Texas Blonde

Texas Blonde Arachnoangel Old Timer

I am so proud of you Docy! You have come soooo far from the kid I first met! The photographs are amazing, let me know when I can order prints!

6. spider

you can at any time you wish :)
    Check out the flickr and just Text me with the images title and what size you'd like and we'll talk about what it's worth :)

7. AudreyElizabeth

AudreyElizabeth Arachnodemon Old Timer

Those are some very nice shots. You really have an eye for your subject matter. I want to get into photography, and would like to purchase a book for starters. Any recommendations?

8. spider

There is an endless list of books to choose from. Really all I can suggest, like anyone else would, is to go to your larger end book store, and just get to reading and find what appeals to you more

9. spider

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

feedback and comments please :)
    Also, I sized down all but one so they aren't at full resolution

10. What

What Arachnoprince

Honest opinion... You are trying way too hard. All I am going to say.

11. pinktoe23

pinktoe23 Arachnoknight Old Timer

-
    Love your new additions!

12. Taryllton

Taryllton Arachnosquire

Haha, ouch. :confused:

13. spider

Thank you, Pinktoe
    And what, I do not get it. Better luck next time?

As for anyone who had anything Mature, constructive, and intelligent to add, Thank you :)

14. Pulk

Pulk Arachnoprince Old Timer

First, his post was mature and intelligent. Constructive is debatable, but it should at least make you think.

Second, the posts you have no problem with, and even thank, are neither constructive nor intelligent. Examples:
    In short, nearly all your comments. These have no content. You like them because they compliment you.

Third, even if there was no difference in content between the negative and positive comments, you should be thankful for What's post. As an artist(ish), you should know how much more sincerity (and respect/lack of condescension) comes with a critical comment.

Fourth, I don't like your photos. I agree with What that you're trying too hard; the shots look forced. Try to get as far as you can from stock photos; don't try to make them, as it looks like you're doing.

I strongly recommend (not just to show you your standing, but also to encourage you to be more creative) going to the "Explore" section on flickr. Go through those photos for least twelve hours (not joking) and see how much people do, and how well.

15. spider

Ill dive into it

I never thought I'd been trying too hard, nor had it cross my mind. I'd always just gone to a spot, and saw something of interest and invisioned it in my head and did the best of my ability to capture what I saw... Maybe my ideas have been misinterpreted.

Just always been my style, didn't expect much of anyone to like it.

Question: Anyone else using MF Lenses on their digital cameras? I recently got a Pentax K mount 28-70mm f2.8-22 lens from a friend for 13$ lol. I ordered a kmount adaptor to EF and its worked beautifully! Very crisp, clean lens

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  16. Taryllton

Taryllton Arachnosquire

What a tool....The main benefit of vacuous commentary is you can thusly avoid being a total pretentious prick by supposing to give somebody else meaningful advice about how they should or shouldn't be 'expressing themselves artistically' haha...

17. Pulk

What I meant was that the photos themselves look forced. That is, they look unnatural and like the photographer was trying to do something else. I don't know how much effort you did put into it. :)

Heh, are you sure?

If the goal is just to express oneself, it doesn't matter what other people think, whether it's positive or negative.

18. hairmetalspider

hairmetalspider Arachnoprince Old Timer

IMO, the photos themselves are decent, a few of them being somewhat emotive and such, but they do look like stock photos. Try something more...macabre, maybe.

Side note: I wonder how many AB members are going to start their own photography threads, because there are quite a few decent photographers on here...

19. Taryllton

Taryllton Arachnosquire

Exactly, so just obey the overwhelmingly obvious social niceity that everyone else is adhering to. We all know that asking for artistic 'critique' is more or less rhetorical. After all, you're advice basically amounted to 'don't try so hard', easily as meaningless and devoid of content as anything else on here... :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  20. Pulk

You're not paying attention to what you're saying. If it's just self-expression, it doesn't matter what anyone says. If he's looking for actual response, criticism is at least as good as GRATE PHOTO'S LOL :-D. If he's only looking for compliments... that's kind of a sh**** attitude.

I provided a lot more than "don't try so hard," and a LOT more than "Better than anything I could do haha."

My advice to you is to read the posts of the people you're criticizing.