Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Where are Yours ? :cool:

Taken @ Monterey Bay Aquarium, Cali a few years ago - Jason

Last edited:

Edd Eskimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Jellyfish are not as delicious as Sponge Bob and the crew make them seem:(:... They are just crunchy/chewy little things that lack flavor. Nice pic you got there Jason:D

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Superfast! Just in time for breakfast!

There were tiny jellyfish for sale once in this pet store I went into, they all looked dead and were laying on the bottom of the tanks.

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There is a type of jellyfish commonly sold in aquarium stores that lays on the bottom as it lives on the bottom- not swimming around. Look up Cassiopea or 'Mangrove jellyfish' and see if that's what you saw.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
We get jellies all up in our brackish, tidal rivers here. They sting and the saltier the water gets (dryer weather = saltier water) the more numerous they are and the farther up the river they come. Eventually you don't want to get in the water at all because you will get stung. A bunch.

There is a flip side though, they are of the bioluminescent variety which can make for great fun at night when you're sitting out on the dock drinking beers and throwing sticks and stuff in the water.. or paddling around or deciding who's getting thrown in and when.

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
jellyfish

Love the jellyfish pictures!!!! Been several yrs, but they had different kinds of jellyfish at the Aquarium in Camden, NJ once. I grew up in a suburb of Baltimore, MD on the Middle River which is off the Ches. Bay. They rivers there all had jellyfish in the summer also. Jellyfish for some reason hand around marinas too. They were facinating, but did sting.

Sharon

pwilson5

Arachnoknight
jason have you ever been on a glass bottom boat tour out in M. bay? i did a couple months ago and it was creepy seeing 5000000 jellies under you as you move around

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Here's one I took at the Toronto Zoo last summer, I have another one that's actually better, but it won't upload.

Attachments

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Never done that...........sounds Fun!

jason have you ever been on a glass bottom boat tour out in M. bay? i did a couple months ago and it was creepy seeing 5000000 jellies under you as you move around
I like shells Pic too. Monterey Bay aqua has a few different varieties to View :eek:

This was there too!

1 More of Jellies I found.

Last edited: