[Warning] jeffjames AKA tommybaker AKA spidersrock1

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Wondering if anyone fell for this nonesense? He posted a P. Met & A.purpurea up about 5days ago and I asked why he had no feedback. All of a suden spidersrock1 posts feedback and I noticed bolth had joined just a few days ago as well {D. I then told him to call me and I spoke with him on the phone. Seemed like a very nice family guy and I continued to communicate with him via phone and even backed up some of his stories with a few dealers he said he dealt with and it was confirmed. I decided to put a small deposit down through pay pal and I was told through personal e-mail (jbond615@live.com)shipping would take place this Wednesday, which was then switched to Thursday. Actual e-mail is as follows: Monday, March 15, 2010 1:31 PM Hey ! I just wanted to let you know that I will be shipping your spiders to you on thursday for delivery on friday as that will be my first day off this week, or I can do friday for delivery on saturday, just let me know which is best for you ?

Thanks,
Jeff

I also asked for his address and information, which he gave in an e-mail (Quite sure it is fake):
Jeff Bond
To: joeevirossi@roadrunner.com
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2010 11:09 AM
Subject: RE: Pics & Addy

Jeffrey James
164 Eastern Ave.
Lexington, KY 40508
(615)417-4916

It was hard, I had to piss the A.purpurea off a little bit to get it to come out, but I managed to get a pic. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jeff James

Since Tuesday I have recieved no communication via e-mail, phone, or anything else. The phone number when called now does not work and has a strange alarm sound. I am only out a few bucks and am disputing that with paypal, but am writing this to hopefully 1) recieve some communication in this matter 2) warn others that no matter how many steps you take to verify someones integriy you just never know. 3) Get this guy and any other immoral fools trying to steal our hard earned cash off theese boards:embarrassed:.

Thank you,
Joe Rossi

Last edited:

Edd Eskimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
...That's exactly what I posted a few days back and People acted like I was paranoid..I didnt want to put his name out b/c he may have not been a scammer but I smelled it right away..

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
Same thing happened to me!

I was contemplating writing a warning myself, as I am out some money with this guy as well.

1. I got the same Thursday for Friday shipping bit too, due to having to work on Wednesday, which was his supposed day off but he had to work for some reason or another. Originally I confirmed a Monday for Tuesday Shipping be. Which was agreed upon before I even gave any money, but obviously the delivery never took place. I got everything from Wednesday at the latest, to Thursday for sure, to "if you want I can have my brother take it down and ship it out for you tomorrow".

2. 615 is a TN area code. I did confirm 2 jeffrey james in the Lexington area, but neither exactly in Lexington.

3. I also suspect spidersrock1 as being the same person.

I will say one thing, I'm done buying from Noobs. Reputable Dealers and AB Members only!!!

***Just want to warn Members that the Classified add for P. Metallica Female is The Same person in as mentioned in this warning!!!!!****
I have the pics to prove its the same person

Last edited:

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
tommybaker

You have got to be kidding me! The jeff james guy is from the same place in Tenesee after I checked the information with a few dealers and now this guy is posting just now tommybaker !!!! What timeing & the pictures of the P. Met Jeff James sent are the same pictures, tank, carpet, and everthing he just posted :?

Get him Out of here!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
He is back people!!!!

Check out the recent FS post under tommybaker he just posted and my warning! It is the exact same pictures (What a FOOL)! Get them out of here!!!!!!

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Admin Note

Through further investigating, we have confirmed that all 3 account names and IPs are a match.

tommybaker - tommybaker@hotmail.com

spidersrock1 - spidersrock1@hotmail.com

jeffjames - jeffjames105@gmail.com

None of the names have responded to my multiple emails. Therefore I have banned them all from posting in the classifieds section and am merging all 3 names in to the jeffjames account.

Debby

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Great &....

Great and thanks Debby for investigating, moving so rapidly on this issue, and getting that moron out of here. I don't know if it is the new forum setup etc... that enabled you to find out the IP's so quickly & I know the forum was down for a while (bummer) but now since it is up and in full throttle it is much more user friendly and I am loving it.

Thanks again,
Joe

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
No April Fools on me today & Hooray for PayPal & Hope everyone got there $ back

:DWell, I have to say that I am impressed with Pay Pal. I entered the dispute claim and just as they stated 10 days and the funds would be transfered back and reverse. I hope everyone that got scammed some money at least used pay pal and got the $ back. Furthermore, I just used the notes from our wonderful warning here on Jeff in the resolution center and there was no chance for him arguing anything so thanks again for the communication here from everyone! I am happy today no April fools joke either :D

Sent to:
Jeff Bond
Email:
jbond615@live.com

Date:
Mar 14, 2010
Time:
09:54:09 PDT
Reversed