Jamie's Tarantulas enclosure experience/review

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Jeff you need to watch your Ts abdomen size and body position. Head first facing down is almost a guarantee it's in hunting mode.

If your doing inverted boxes just throw a couple live crix in the bottom. Notice the live crix, T was head down.

Okay. Thanks.
Most of the time my two Avic's are on top of the cork bark pointed sideways where part of their web is located. Perhaps I should have installed the bark so they could not go above it. I guess I did this because I was figuring a stable nest location would be needed in case they molt in their nest at some point. I went ahead and placed two live crickets in each one's base area.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Okay. Thanks.
Most of the time my two Avic's are on top of the cork bark pointed sideways where part of their web is located. Perhaps I should have installed the bark so they could not go above it. I guess I did this because I was figuring a stable nest location would be needed in case they molt in their nest at some point. I went ahead and placed two live crickets in each one's base area.
Predicting where they will molt is never a winning bet, they will engineer what and how they need things to be hah.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Inverted setups is all I use for my Avicularia slings. Not bashing OP. It is something I had to get used to but is actually much better with Avicularia who tend to web as high as possible in the enclosure.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
i attached the cork via a screw through the top of the enclosure. (Technically the bottom of the tub)