User Jackie's Tarantulas

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Thanks for your understanding. I feel like legit whenever i post something its met with negativity and I'm not in the mood for it.
Most people who reply with unsolicited feedback on setups are not trying to be negative or mean. They like tarantulas and genuinely want to help you keep them in a way that promotes the welfare of the tarantula.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Thanks for your concern but your concern is moot because my spider being on my shirt doesnt place her in danger.
I agree with you completely. That exact position is not, by itself, dangerous. But let’s say she gets spooked and goes up around the back of your head, out of sight. Then, she would be in a different position that is more dangerous. Or how about the act of placing her there? Or taking her off?

The simple truth is a spider does not bond with people. It’s not capable of that sort of emotion like a mammal would be. Their evolution is built out of a solitary lifestyle. They are not social creatures. Anything around them that moves is perceived as either a predator, a prey item, or a mate. That’s all they know. If you put two conspecific spiders together, one will likely end up dead. Given that they will literally eat members of the same species, the idea that they would somehow derive any benefit from human interaction is nothing short of absurd.

But honestly, you have the basic human right to do as you wish. You will find that you’ll never be able to please everyone you come across. Because your idea of acceptable is different from the next person’s idea of acceptable. If you want everyone on AB to just stay quiet, that is definitely not going to happen. Because it’s not up to you to decide how people should feel or react to the things you post.

JackieBugGrl

Arachnopeon
I agree with you completely. That exact position is not, by itself, dangerous. But let’s say she gets spooked and goes up around the back of your head, out of sight. Then, she would be in a different position that is more dangerous. Or how about the act of placing her there? Or taking her off?

The simple truth is a spider does not bond with people. It’s not capable of that sort of emotion like a mammal would be. Their evolution is built out of a solitary lifestyle. They are not social creatures. Anything around them that moves is perceived as either a predator, a prey item, or a mate. That’s all they know. If you put two conspecific spiders together, one will likely end up dead. Given that they will literally eat members of the same species, the idea that they would somehow derive any benefit from human interaction is nothing short of absurd.

But honestly, you have the basic human right to do as you wish. You will find that you’ll never be able to please everyone you come across. Because your idea of acceptable is different from the next person’s idea of acceptable. If you want everyone on AB to just stay quiet, that is definitely not going to happen. Because it’s not up to you to decide how people should feel or react to the things you post.
I get it..I was quite careful....we were laying in my bed and I had my hands nearby. I made sure things were quiet and didn't move suddenly. She wasn't out long.

Sunset

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Rose hairs are from the desert. Doesnt get higher then 40% where there from all they need is a water dish and that it