equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
4" P. irminia female
2.75" P. irminia male
6" P. ornata female
7" P. spp. "Platyomma" female
3" P. lugardi female

Anyone ever notice that a lot of fast, bitey things have a genus that starts with "P"?

Last edited:

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. ornata and the "Platyomma" are done! Yay!

The "Platyomma" is not too bad really with defensiveness, she just kicks a cloud.

I am really not excited about the irminias. Those suckers are faaaast.

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
speaking of P's...You can

Promptly package & propel per postal Platyomma preferred present please! :D

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
YESS, male irminia done! He bit my paintbrush a LOOOT but I got him out of the plastic bag and into his new house with no real issue. He was just stubborn about walking to the opening.

The female's gonna make me have to change pants, probably. :eek:

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
you better be careful your order is almost done:eek:

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, you're quick!! I'm excited!

Speaking of quick: P. irminias have Nike stripes on their feet for good reasons. Man those suckers are FAST.

Everyone transferred quite well, though. :) I had no issues at all.

Also, in other happy spider news: My 1" B. angustum molted today, and I am excited to say that I was finally able to sex this molt and she's a girl. :) I'm proud of myself for being able to sex 'em that small. I love my microscope.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I guess its hard to take a pic when you got a irminia slappin your head:D

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh she was fine. Just spastic when I put the catch cup over her. She was a non-issue.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow, you're quick!! I'm excited!

Speaking of quick: P. irminias have Nike stripes on their feet for good reasons. Man those suckers are FAST.

Everyone transferred quite well, though. :) I had no issues at all.

Also, in other happy spider news: My 1" B. angustum molted today, and I am excited to say that I was finally able to sex this molt and she's a girl. :) I'm proud of myself for being able to sex 'em that small. I love my microscope.
You have my sympathy. When we got our male P. irminia out to ship him for breeding, he was like a ping pong ball on cocaine. We had the transfer container over the mouth of his jar and every time we got him near it he would jump and hit the end of it and bounce back off. It was quite festive.
Congrats on the moult and on the sexing!!!!! I agree, aren't microscopes fabulous?!?!

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
YESS, male irminia done! He bit my paintbrush a LOOOT but I got him out of the plastic bag and into his new house with no real issue. He was just stubborn about walking to the opening.

The female's gonna make me have to change pants, probably. :eek:
You use a plastic bag? How do you do it? Never heard of someone moving a T in a bag. Is it easier than using a cup?

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
HAH "a ping-pong ball on cocaine"...that's hilarious.

As for the plastic bag method: I cut off a corner of a plastic bag and then rubber-banded the bag over the opening of the irminia's enclosure. )This is how I transfer arboreals...I use a cup for terrestrials) Then I poked a small hole in the bag, inserted my paintbrush, and tickled the T toward the opening of the bag, which I had inserted into the new "home". Keep your fingers out of the way, though, they can bite thru the bag. hehe

This was a method that I sort of adapted for myself, but the original idea came from Mike "Troll" on the ATS boards.

troglodyte

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
HAH "a ping-pong ball on cocaine"...that's hilarious.

As for the plastic bag method: I cut off a corner of a plastic bag and then rubber-banded the bag over the opening of the irminia's enclosure. )This is how I transfer arboreals...I use a cup for terrestrials) Then I poked a small hole in the bag, inserted my paintbrush, and tickled the T toward the opening of the bag, which I had inserted into the new "home". Keep your fingers out of the way, though, they can bite thru the bag. hehe

This was a method that I sort of adapted for myself, but the original idea came from Mike "Troll" on the ATS boards.

Oh wow. I've been dreading relocating my 1 1/2" P. regalis (she escaped and teleported up my wall the first time I rehoused her) who's growing too large for her current home. This method is going to be perfect! Thanks so much for posting that!