It's started....

CleanSweep

Arachnopeon
She's been in premolt for a while now....

I came back from work today and found her flipped and getting ready to do her thing. Reading horror stories about Theraphosa's molting issues has me more worried than excited for her. We shall see by tomorrow. I'm guess she is between 6-7" right now so we shall see how big she gets after the molt. When I got her, she had 2 small legs from a past incident. Hoping those will balance out on this go around.

Last edited:

chaco

Arachnosquire
i think she will be fine =)

you got a good setup looks humid in there she should do fine =) post pics pls few days after she done that would be awesome

CleanSweep

Arachnopeon
When I woke up this morning this is what I found:

I was relieved. :biggrin: Her legs have fully recovered as well. She looks healthy from what I could see and she is a darker brown than what she was before her molt.

Here is a pre molt picture. If you look at her last two legs on the left side, you can see they are a little small. you can also see how much lighter in color she was too.

And when I came home from work she moved her molt further into the hide because apparently she doesn't want me to have it.

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Glad this worked out well we all know how delicate they can be when molting but she is looking good and a very nice Spider.

SpiderNurse

Arachnopeon
How cool! She definitely looks bigger, let us know how much she grew when you find out :)

CleanSweep

Arachnopeon
Thank you all for your positive feedback. She is still "guarding" her molt and I am not in the buisiness of stressing her out right now so I will wait. Looking forward to seeing her come out of the hide to get a good look at her.

Ran

Arachnoknight
Beautiful girl! I have 4 stirmi in premolt...takes them forever to get the deed done! Enjoy her!

CleanSweep

Arachnopeon
She finally let me have the molt. It measured out to 7.5 inches. Probably well into the 8" range now.