It's a MAN, baby!

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so i purchased this guy as a subadult male in january 2007, with an arranged wife. since then, i've acquired 8 more females.

well, mr. coumarin has just matured, and a few of my girls are recently molted (one literally in the same week).

keep your fingers crossed for captive born c. lamanai!

and see my ad in the invertsonals if you have a lady who would like to get in on the action. ;)

Before:

Now:

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i absolutely love this species, and i'm not exactly sure why.

given the scarcity of CB individuals, i figured hording away nearly a dozen girls for one male wasn't outrageous. {D

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats, he is gorgeous! I like this species as well. I have a pair, and I'm hoping to find more females, too.

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
He is beautiful. Can we get some more pics of him stretched out when he recovers from his moult?

Sounds like he is about to have a VERY nice life as a swinging batchelor {D Just hope the first lady he meets doesn't munch him, lol.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Is that a "Cinnamon Teddy Bear"??? Gorgeous.
no its a tarantula lol
thats a poor excuse for a common name lol not sure why they used it
then again, all common names pretty much suck...I kept wondering where in africa they had orange baboons...kept seeing spiders from there that were orange but darned if i saw an orange baboon lol

Last edited:

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the two girls are chowing down! i suspect they'll be ready by next week. male has no interest in food and is VERY skiddish.

i also took one of the female's molt and put it in the male's cage in hopes of stimulating his hormones. ;)

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
He's gonna be a PIMP!

How'd you get ahold of him anyway?

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is that because he makes your blood run thin?
i had a cinnamon theme going when i got him and his gf (named cassia). ;)

coumarin is actually nicknamed "bastard cinnamon" so i thought it was amusing.

a couple of the girls i've gotten since then have had more attitude, so one was named "atilla" and another "genghis" ;)