IT HAS ARRIVED!

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Ah, another one joins the A. genic cult. Welcome.
Don't worry about feeding. This species is a walking trashcan and will, most likely, only refuse a meal when in premolt, or stress.
Mine did eat the day after rehousing, it was too stressed (curled up) after the transport.

As yours is young, don't worry about "overfeeding". You can stuff them quite well, no worries.
I feed my A. genic sling every 2-3 days, usually, and it always acts as if it hasn't seen food for a decade. You'll see! ;)

Jason B

Arachnosquire
I think a good meal often helps with the acclimation process. Out of the last 5 Ts i have gotten 4 of them ate the night they were received some take to food faster then others but only one I ended up removing food.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
No don't do that!
Seeing your new baby bug 'hunt' and eat for the first time is an important bonding moment for the both of you, don't miss it! :D
LOL really? I got it... keep the food away for 2 weeks and I bet it'll jump right on the prey. Got to have that bonding moment.:wacky:

You'll have a lot of chances to watch it ambush it's prey. Just like sex you'll find the first time is really no more special than the twentieth time.

TRection

Arachnoknight
:D :D :D Its all good, i guess it was just a little shy, i moved the super a little closer and she jumped it :rofl: that was awesome, shes having a feast as we speak!

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
I guess I have to get me one of these,and see what all the
hypes about.

TRection

Arachnoknight
How long does it normally take a new T to settle in? Since yesterday morning mine has been in the very back corner of the hide in the same spot and has not moved an inch, i fed her yesterday at around 6 and she is still on her tiptoes holding onto the superworm she ate (there's not much left of it) is that normal?

basin79

ArachnoGod
If Carnage is a female please ask a mod to change the title of your thread.

"It's Here" is so impersonal.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
It takes different amounts of time for different Ts to settle, just like with people. Give it time and it'll settle in. Just a heads up, they are not very active most of the time. In nature being still unless you have to move is a plus.

TRection

Arachnoknight
ok cool :) thanks, as for the superworm how long does it normally take to eat a meal? She has been holding onto it for about 20 hours now haha, doesnt seem to want to give up on it even if shes already had her fill :rofl:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
ok cool :) thanks, as for the superworm how long does it normally take to eat a meal? She has been holding onto it for about 20 hours now haha, doesnt seem to want to give up on it even if shes already had her fill :rofl:
Superworms take a long friggin time to eat at that size lel. My 2.5" G. pulchripes was about half done with one after seven or eight hours. By comparison a mealworm takes an hour to an hour and a half to eat fully.

TRection

Arachnoknight
I was being serious.
oh...I apologize if the title offends you but it is supposed to be along the same lines as "ITS ALIVE" but speaking of a an animal that has "ARRIVED" rather than being brought to life. :)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I fed my GBB a large adult dubia before I figured out what size feeders I needed to give it. It took 42+ hours to finally finish it and was so fat I didn't feed it for weeks. It'll eat all it wants and drop anything that's left for you to collect.

Another note: Most Ts don't move about much while eating. That's why if I have one that is flighty I'll feed it right before taking it's photo.

TRection

Arachnoknight
I fed my GBB a large adult dubia before I figured out what size feeders I needed to give it. It took 42+ hours to finally finish it and was so fat I didn't feed it for weeks. It'll eat all it wants and drop anything that's left for you to collect.

Another note: Most Ts don't move about much while eating. That's why if I have one that is flighty I'll feed it right before taking it's photo.

Superworms take a long friggin time to eat at that size lel. My 2.5" G. pulchripes was about half done with one after seven or eight hours. By comparison a mealworm takes an hour to an hour and a half to eat fully.

basin79

ArachnoGod
oh...I apologize if the title offends you but it is supposed to be along the same lines as "ITS ALIVE" but speaking of a an animal that has "ARRIVED" rather than being brought to life. :)
The title doesn't offend me. It just doesn't do your lass justice.