It crawled out of my E. campestratus

wormwood____

Arachnopeon
I am going to post a few pics of my scrofa a few months before the incident.

soooo idk the exact date of these pics and im not going to look it up through the file, BUT I bought the P. scrofa from S&S Exotics on March 22nd last year, so almost a year ago, i think these pics are scattered throughout july to maybe october. like i said, after she molted, she had a very strange lump on the side of her abdomen... here we go
(.P.S. I am lookin at the small icon photos on my comp so if you can't see the lump that well i am sorry, im going to try to upload a few photos that [hopefully] best show the lump)

20140621_201134.jpg
20140621_201325.jpg
20140621_201434.jpg

so these are the only ones i could find

Creeper

Arachnopeon
Its very interesting that the spiders lay down a bed of webbing like that. Gotta wonder if the parasite is controlling them into building a nest or just taking up so much room in the abdomen by that point that the spider is vacating space.

Fishcrunch

Arachnosquire
My A. moderatum succumbed to one these Acrocerid flies as well, when it emerged however, I immediately froze it. That maggot too owed me $40! Now we both know by experience to avoid wild-caught spiders! Geez.....just my luck to get pick the infected moderatum out of the lot...it's not like they're a dime a dozen.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
This thread was amazing... I had to go back and read it from the beginning. I'm sorry to those who lost spides, but thank you so much for sharing your experiences! Fascinating, if really nasty, stuff.