Israeli scorpions

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi all,

I wanted to know if there's demand for Israeli scorpions:
Nebo hierichonticus, Scorpio maurus fuscus, Scorpio maurus palmatus, Leiurus quinquestriatus, Androctonus amoreuxi levyi, Androctonus crassicauda, Androctonus bicolor, Buthacus leptochelys leptochelys, Buthacus leptochelys nitzani, Buthacus macrocentrus, Buthus israelis and Orthochirus scrobiculosus negbensis.

I wanted to know of it's worth all the driving and searching. For some of the scorpions here, is more then 4 hours driving, so I just want to know more about demand now and what do people looking to buy now.
Some of the scorpions here I already have, so if someone wants somethings from here I will semd him the full species and prices list.

Pipa

Arachnoknight
" worth all the driving and searching " is half the fun. Some folks are into New World species, some folks are into Old World species. In my experiences as well as SO many other's, Scorpio species do not thrive in captive. I'm always a huge fan of Androcts species and Buthancus species, they thrive and breed in captive conditions. Regardless, I would drive four hours to reach nice destinations to collect nice rocks , wood pieces , photograph opprotunities, etc etc..

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Honestly, to go chatching scorpions far away from home, it's an excuse to go back to the best herping spots of Israel. Go back to look for the most beautiful snakes and lizards. Beetles too...

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Sadly, you can remove the whole Italy from that. After 2003 every single medically significant/potentially lethal Arachnid was banned by law.

It's a miracle that, today, we can have Theraphosidae expo/fairs. Prior 2003, the demand was high, especially for "hot" Buthidae.

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes. I heared about that before I went to Italy last year. Saw scorpions everywhere.
What about native reptiles in Italy? Can you keep wild caught or only captive breds?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yes. I heared about that before I went to Italy last year. Saw scorpions everywhere.
What about native reptiles in Italy? Can you keep wild caught or only captive breds?
Venomous snakes were banned even prior 2003, basically happened in the first half of the '80, i was a children. Prior very, very few had Cobra/s.

We have here, in the Northern part (but not in my area) nasty vipers. You will need the antivenom shot if they tag you. Granted, hardly lethal but still. Vipera walser was spotted those days btw.

Now i think that if someone into snakes decide to WC one of those vipers from our mountain woods without saying nothing to anyone in pure stealth, you know, ah ah... but legally you can't keep venomous snakes, no matter if natives WC or CB :-s

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In Israel it's illegal to keep venomous snakes too. Even rear fenged ones. Exept for the hognose.
We have here 42 speices of snakes and 42 of lizards. It's illegal to keep native reptiles here, even if they are CB.
We can't even keep turtles, chameleons, most tortoises and so on...

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
In Israel it's illegal to keep venomous snakes too. Even rear fenged ones. Exept for the hognose.
We have here 42 speices of snakes and 42 of lizards. It's illegal to keep native reptiles here, even if they are CB.
We can't even keep turtles, chameleons, most tortoises and so on...
Yeah, at the end, sadly, seems that more or less there's restrictions almost everywhere. Here in Italy basically you can keep everything except potentially lethal Arachnids (since 2003 bye bye widows & hot Scorpions, just for saying) venomous snakes of course, and, obviously (ah ah) protected ones like wolves, lions, monkeys in general etc still some Mafioso's had tigers and such like "Scarface" in their abusive villas. Mah :-s

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
At least me don't have any restrictions in Israel. I can understand the conservation with the reptiles. Many of them started to disappear in the last 10-15 years. Tortises that we in the fields everywhere, almost totaly disappeared. But, the main problem is the people that should protect those animals. They do nothing!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Here it is illegal to keep feathers of native birds if you find one on the ground. At least that is what is written in the paperwork. :meh:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Here it is illegal to keep feathers of native birds if you find one on the ground. At least that is what is written in the paperwork. :meh:
Where, exactly? Which state? That's one of the dumbest US strange & local laws every here and then jump out i assume.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
At least me don't have any restrictions in Israel. I can understand the conservation with the reptiles. Many of them started to disappear in the last 10-15 years. Tortises that we in the fields everywhere, almost totaly disappeared. But, the main problem is the people that should protect those animals. They do nothing!
People do not view scorpions, tarantulas, etc. as useful animals worth saving. They view them as "disgusting" or whatever. Many will intentionally kill them for no practical reason at all. Reminds me of the thread someone posted in Tarantula Chat recently of an experiment that someone did with a fake tortoise, tarantula, and a couple other animals on a busy roadway. They monitored how many people would save the animals, run them over, etc.

The results were depressing.

They will rue the day the spiders/scorpions/other predatory invertebrates disappear and the land is overrun with mosquitoes and other pests. Of course by then it will be far too late for any action to be taken but they will blame non responsible parties for the state of affairs.

KissOfDeath78

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

I wanted to know if there's demand for Israeli scorpions:
Nebo hierichonticus, Scorpio maurus fuscus, Scorpio maurus palmatus, Leiurus quinquestriatus, Androctonus amoreuxi levyi, Androctonus crassicauda, Androctonus bicolor, Buthacus leptochelys leptochelys, Buthacus leptochelys nitzani, Buthacus macrocentrus, Buthus israelis and Orthochirus scrobiculosus negbensis.

I wanted to know of it's worth all the driving and searching. For some of the scorpions here, is more then 4 hours driving, so I just want to know more about demand now and what do people looking to buy now.
Some of the scorpions here I already have, so if someone wants somethings from here I will send him the full species and prices list.
Hi..yeah can i get a list of what you have and maybe some pics to accompany it

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I would absolutely love going exploring for scorpions in Israel.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
This Thread is from 2016, I'm not sure that the original poster is even active anymore

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi Nir, if you are able to find scorpions, I would like to buy some from you. I am interested in Deathstalkers and Androctonus species. I am also on faunaclassifieds as "Metroplex" Thanks!