IsopodSetups

bhoeschcod

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Post pics of your isopod inclosures here [i may post mine if i can get a good enough picture of it:wall:

bhoeschcod

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lol mine is in a kk with moist soil on one side and a food dish [mode from bark lol]

SeanJo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mine is a small KK with loose moist substrate mixed with leaves and wood and a few plastic leaves covering it up. theres a little pot in there kinda filled with leaves and dirt for the adults. recently i put a few more in from my backyard and had a baby population EXPLOSION. ill post a few pics from my phone later today

SeanJo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
k here are the pics of my setup. doesnt take anything fancy at all to make these guys happy except cool temps and darkness.

take the lid off and just looking inside you can see a few adults and the babies runnin around the edges

flip over this first leaf and theres some of the babies gathered up chillin

they like to gather up right here too

i have leaves like this mixed into the loose dirt with little pieces of wood as well. they are all covered like this...

need to put some more leaf litter in there but you get the general idea. im definitely going to have to release a ton of these back outside, i had no idea they reproduced this quickly... if you have any other questions let me kno

bhoeschcod

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oh I do how long did you have them and how many did you start with?

bhoeschcod

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lol not really im keeping an ant queen that laid five eggs and my larder beetle colony is still going strong and then there is worms and then the best of it is the sowbugs which infest my bed creepy![no not really!]

SeanJo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oh I do how long did you have them and how many did you start with?
had this little "colony" only about 1 month, i started with maybe 15-20 adults from my backyard

Are the babies able to climb the plastic?
yes a few of them have made their way up to the top somehow, but i have some toilet paper acting as a sort of buffer, and i have most of the lid of the KK taped up to hold in the moisture.

bhoeschcod

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sweet thanks!also in my first picture in the right hand side you can see one of my isopods i also have another culture in a smaller contianer ill be posting pics of them later:D

bhoeschcod

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I also placed in a small millipede as a little friend lol!anyway i got 7 more today i currently keep the babies in one container and the adults in the other.If you have been woundering on what i use for substrate i just use moist dirt and leaves with cardboard on top [for the adults]The bay container is moist papertowel with a small pinch of dirt and cardboard ontop of it all for a hide away:D