Isopoda immanis

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Anybody who's keeping these communial ???
Somebody who can share experiences with these ?
(temps, humidity, set-up,... etc.............)

(i allready did a search on Huntsman spiders,...
but didn't found that much :? )

thanx

El Johano

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
gongyles said:
Anybody who's keeping these communial ???
Somebody who can share experiences with these ?
(temps, humidity, set-up,... etc.............)

(i allready did a search on Huntsman spiders,...
but didn't found that much :? )

thanx
Hey :)
I have kept 3 of those before, very nice spiders, try feeding them moths, they are awesome when they catch them in the air ;P
I kept them separate, don't know if it is possible to keep them together, I doubt it. They were quite voracious feeders.

They need a tall tank since they are arboreal. They should be kept at low humidity and temperatures between 25-30 degrees celsius.
Good luck :)

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've got four of them. They are very good feeders. Never tried any communal setups. Besides that, Johan have already told you the most important stuff.

They are reall cool spiders! FAST and have very good eyesight.

hooale

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hola,

My experience is that communal setups don't work. The second time i bred them i kept them cummunal but fed them a lot but still after 2 months only 2 were left of the 150 or so in total. Also females will eat the male after a couple of days is my experience. Keep spiderlings a bit more humidid, they die easily.

They are a fun specie and you can sex them as juvies, easy to breed also.

Regards,
Alex

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey Alex

i didn't know you were on these boards as well :? :D
i recieved 5 little slings of these last week,... keeping them apart.

really hope to raise them and breed,... awsome little critters!!! :}

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,
You're having troubl;e finding info on them because they are now known as Holconia immanis. They were transfered from Isopoda by Hirst in 1990. I'm not so sure you guys are keeping H.immanis though. Maybe just a colour variation of the same species.
Do yours look like this (ID was confirmed by Raven)?? She was just over 6"legspan.

Cheers,
Steve

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Steve Nunn said:
Hi,
You're having troubl;e finding info on them because they are now known as Holconia immanis. They were transfered from Isopoda by Hirst in 1990. I'm not so sure you guys are keeping H.immanis though. Maybe just a colour variation of the same species.
Do yours look like this (ID was confirmed by Raven)?? She was just over 6"legspan.

Cheers,
Steve
i knew they were called Holconia at first,... is Isopoda still valid or has it transferred to Holconia once again ? :?
and the ones i saw in the European hobby were much "lighter" then the one showing on your fine pictures :}

are they quite common in Australia ?

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, they are now back in Holconia.

They are very common on the north east coast (I'm in Nth Qld), with slight colour variation depending on location. Great spiders to keep too :)

Steve

Drosera123

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats a great looking spider. Are they theraphosids? I'm not sure of these being available in the u.s., too bad not many european breeders ship to the u.s.
Steve