isopod substrat

Redbarren

Arachnopeon
okay so, I need to re home my white dwarf isopods into a larger container, which means I need to make my own substrate. I have a VERY limited budget, so what should I mix together? I have plenty of coco fiber, access to Java (not sphagnum) moss, and leaves/wood. I really can't afford to buy anything else, but I could squeeze in a bag of eco earth or peat moss... maybe (really don't want to). in essence, I'd love a recipie for the substrate, since it is a food source for them.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I usually use cocofiber for the base layer, and then as many oak, maple, and other hardwood leaves as i can spare. I will also add pieces,of wood (oak/maple). They do well, and for the dwarf whites I add veggies and especially high-protein items, like fish food pellets.

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Isopods aren't as reliant on soil for food as millipedes are. I mean they need the wood and leaves, but my guys produce hugely with just that, plus some moss and lots of veggies etc or other supplemental foods. I feed my guys off to my reptiles so I only do veggies but my guys are happy as can be and my colony is exploding. But I don't have a dwarf species.