1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isometrus maculatus in the US hobby?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by pannaking22, Oct 10, 2017.

1. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

Advertisement
    Has Isometrus maculatus made it into the US hobby yet? I know you can technically find them in the US (Hawaii and a questionable Florida record), but I didn't know if there were people keeping them or not.

2. brandontmyers

brandontmyers Arachnoangel Old Timer

They come and go through out the years. From my experience, the young are incredibly delicate and picky eaters. They mature in no time and can have babies within 8-10 months from when they themselves are born.

• Like Like x 3
  3. pannaking22

That's a lovely combo for young scorps lol. Definitely could explain why they aren't found more commonly.

4. drapion

drapion Arachnobaron Old Timer

I use to keep them years ago and i have to agree with Brandon. The young are just way to fragile. Most 2nd instars wouldn't eat and eventually ended up dying and the ones that did would only get to around 4th instar then die. I had at least half a dozen broods from my wc pair and i didnt get a single one to survive to adult.

5. pannaking22

What were you guys trying to feed the really young ones? I guess it's good that the adults are really productive then so you can have more chances to get the young past that really delicate stage.

6. drapion

drapion Arachnobaron Old Timer

Flightless fruit flys, pinhead crickets, 2 kinds of roaches and spider slings. It really the only species ive had any trouble with. But i want to try them again. Ive been trying to get some but there hard to come by these days