Isometrus maculatus in Florida?

inverts

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have been reading articles about Isometrus maculatus, and some of them mention southern Florida, but I cannot find much information about their existence in Florida. Does anyone know if there is actually a population of this species in Florida or if it was just seen once because it was transported by travelers? Any information on this subject is appreciated.

Ecstasy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I highly doubt you would find them in Florida. If they're there then it was because they were introduced. Same goes with them being in Hawaii. They were introduced there as well. I want to say native wise they are from Philippines but I'm not sure where else originally.

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I highly doubt you would find them in Florida. If they're there then it was because they were introduced. Same goes with them being in Hawaii. They were introduced there as well. I want to say native wise they are from Philippines but I'm not sure where else originally.
I am no way certain but maybe also Australia?

inverts

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Neal, thank you for your input. I was not trying to imply they were native to Florida; I am just trying to find out if anyone has any evidence of them actually existing there (from being introduced). Sorry for any confusion. I was in a hurry when I typed the original post.

Ecstasy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Neal, thank you for your input. I was not trying to imply they were native to Florida; I am just trying to find out if anyone has any evidence of them actually existing there (from being introduced). Sorry for any confusion. I was in a hurry when I typed the original post.
Oh I know, but I was saying because they were introduced and not native that you wouldn't find them. They haven't had all this time to establish and with all the other stuff Florida has I doubt they established very successfully.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the type locality of this species is in Suriname, DeGeer described the species based upon specimens from Suriname, but Pennsylvania is also mentioned in the locality, so that's rather puzzling...
This species has it's origin in SE Asia and has been spread over the world by humans, so now it occurs in all tropical and sub tropical zones. In the Catalog of the scorpions of the world (Fet et al), Florida is mentioned in the distribution of the species. This implies there is (or was) a Florida population...

Cheers, Michiel

inverts

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In the Catalog of the scorpions of the world (Fet et al), Florida is mentioned in the distribution of the species. This implies there is (or was) a Florida population...

Cheers, Michiel

Thank you, Michiel. Now that I have confirmation that a population of I. maculatus did or does exist in Florida, can anyone provide any evidence that the population still exists?