User iseethefunnyside's Tarantula Pictures

iseethefunnyside

Arachnopeon
Here is my new friend. She is very friendly and only has been scared once. Had to move her and she was super chilled out and just let me direct her. (Not sure if it is a her) Don't have a name yet, but I don't think she minds. :) (also this is my first post and I'm excited)

Attachments

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Congrats to your new friend. :)

If you like you can post some pics of the enclosure as well, just to make sure you met her husbandry needs. :) It looks a bit as there is only a hide on the ground and nothing else in the container. And that wouldn't be appropiate for an Avic.

Here are some pretty good threads for their husbandry:

Avicularia care by @Venom1080
Avicularia husbandry by @viper69

Thekla

Arachnoprince
How is this for a house? Just came in today. Hope i can move her at night. Do you think the wood is good enough or i need something more. Let me know. I have been reading those threads and others too so i hope my lil one will like it in there. :)
Generally, I'd say the enclosure itself looks quite all right, but I'd replace that stick of wood with a flat piece of cork bark, so your Avic has something to stretch out on.
I'd also replace the substrate with something smoother, eco earth or plain top soil or a mix of those (dry of course) for example. :)

Maybe others will chime in as well. :)

iseethefunnyside

Arachnopeon
Generally, I'd say the enclosure itself looks quite all right, but I'd replace that stick of wood with a flat piece of cork bark, so your Avic has something to stretch out on.
I'd also replace the substrate with something smoother, eco earth or plain top soil or a mix of those (dry of course) for example. :)

Maybe others will chime in as well. :)
Why something smoother? So crickets dont get stuck in there?