Is Trapp (scolopender.de) a safe place to buy?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
'Safe', you say? Eh... probably Thorsten is one of the best in Europe.
:rofl: "Safe" and "Legal" are two different things. while it may be perfectly legal for Thorsten to ship out from his country Importing into US is the buyers responsibility.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
:rofl: "Safe" and "Legal" are two different things. while it may be perfectly legal for Thorsten to ship out from his country Importing into US is the buyers responsibility.
I know my man :)

But I replied only to this thread title question, and on purpose: happy as #### because here, where I live, we can import 'pedes from other nations without issues :kiss:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You Lucky Dog You!!
Remember when I've talked here about the arachnid ban occurred in Italy back in 2003? Well, that absurdity was awesome, under a certain perspective, because, all of a sudden, a G.rosea was banned and labeled as: "... it's highly venomous!" but a Scolopendra subspinipes was, and still is, perfectly fine and suitable, ah ah ah :kiss:

NYAN

Arachnoking
I remember coming across the site, they have nice pedes but are in Europe. I imagine if you did order from him and didn’t get caught the animal might be injured or killed.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I remember coming across the site, they have nice pedes but are in Europe. I imagine if you did order from him and didn’t get caught the animal might be injured or killed.
Yes, probably. But the problem isn't that they are based in Europe. The problem isn't to put a healthy 'pede in a 'pack/container' and ship said 'pede from Europe to the Northern American continent. Bugger wouldn't die so easily. In fact, basically the 95% of Asian 'pedes that are available here in Old World Europe breeders/sellers shops, online or not, arrived from Asia just exactly that same way.

The problem are those people that, U.S based, imports those without having all the import bureaucrecy papers needed for: it's not a question of 'what' there's inside the parcel but a question of 'having' what asked for import (in this case, inverts) legally.

Mathi91

Arachnopeon
He is very safe to buy from, i am speaking out of experience, i can only recommend Thorsten.
This beauty is one i bought from him.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Looked at the site. Impressive selection of centipedes to choose from.

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
Highly recommend him if you’re in the EU. If not @mikes_house_of_ a_thousand_leg on instagram is a great vendor with great prices and info. He’s on here but I don’t remember his username... :confused: