Is this normal?

darkmoon500

Arachnopeon
So i've had this tarantula for a little while, got him 6/17/2017, he was a small sling then, i've seen him molt many times, hes still eating fine, looks like hes about to molt again, but this time, he has lost way more hairs then normal, theres litterally almost no hairs, but a very small patch up top and soon his whole abdoemen will be bald from top to bottom, he has hooks, so just wondering if its normal or hes about to die, or its some disease or parasite or something else? I have never seen him kick a single hair, although i did see him rubbing some off with his hind leg, but it wasnt like kicking, it more like he was just irritated, like scrating a masquito bite, maybe that was kicking? But no one bothers him, and i do not handle him

Attachments

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
so if the T has hooked out like fully matured then I don’t think a male T will molt again, at least I haven’t heard of a male molting again.

If it’s not fully mature then I’ve read about T’s webbing where they will molt and then putting hairs everywhere to try to ward off would be attackers.

The urticating hairs are very itchy and you don’t want them in your eyes

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Is that a B. vagans??? Looks like MM to me. He won't live much longer and they lose hair on their abdomens as they age for MM. Better find a girl for him, because he's not going to live much longer and is probably looking for a mate.

darkmoon500

Arachnopeon
Yeah most on here believe its a b.vagans, dang, thats one super short life span