1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal or odd behavior? - A. Chalcodes

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Flashback, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Flashback

Flashback Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    Is it normal for an (juvie/adult) A. chalcodes to make a lot of webs? I have her for about 10 months & in all that time, I've never seen her web her enclosure as much as she does now. Over the past few days, there's a ton of webs.vShe actually rarely did it before.

She did molt about a month ago, & I fed her 2 crickets (her first feeding post molt) last week.

Do all the webs mean she's hungry? I thought terrestrials didn't web that much. I

What could it mean?

2. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoprince Old Timer

Can you post a picture. I have had A chalcodes and my female did not webb. I think they overall webb little? They are no GBB! It has nothing to do if they are hungry or not

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andrew Clayton

Andrew Clayton Arachnobaron Active Member

A T doing T things lol nothing to worry about my LP does it sometimes

4. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnonovelist-musician-artist Arachnosupporter

This might sound like a dumb question, but are you positive it isn't a mature male? That would explain the excessive webbing after a moult? I don't know, I have an almost adult A. chalcodes and it doesn't web hardly at all and when it does it's so light you can barely see it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Flashback

Flashback Arachnosquire

Honestly, I’m not 100% sure. I know for the 10 months prior to the molt, there was only rare webbing & it was pretty light. Now there’s been a lot more in just a few days. I posted a photo in the other section a few months ago to help determine the sex & the replies said female. I’m including that one here as well.

Hoping the photos help to determine what the issue is.

Attached Files:

6. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnonovelist-musician-artist Arachnosupporter

Definitely not a mature male. I guess tarantulas can change behaviour with a moult just like they can change temperament.

• Like Like x 1
  7. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Normal

Listen generally if your T is eating molting etc, whatever else you think isn’t normal doesn’t matter.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Flashback

Flashback Arachnosquire

Thanks everyone for responding & your help! Appreciate it!