Is this normal?! Fractured abdomen?

peacelovekory

Arachnopeon
My pink toe escaped their cage as I was adding a cricket crawled to the top and jumped off. The drop is about five feet and now I'm freaking out. What does a fractured abdomen look like? How do you know if it's bleeding?

I managed to them quickly and return them to the cage but... I'm super nervous tomorrow I won't have my spider baby! :/

Attachments

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My pink toe escaped their cage as I was adding a cricket crawled to the top and jumped off. The drop is about five feet and now I'm freaking out. What does a fractured abdomen look like? How do you know if it's bleeding?
If the abdomen is ruptured, you will see clear or yellowish fluid (hemolymph) coming from the site of the rupture. If there is internal damage, there is no obvious way to tell except to wait and see.

Make sure she has access to water.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
the exoskeleton on the "abdomen" is made of a pliable leather material, if enough force is applied or a picture take place, it can rupture.

If your T is not visibly leaking fluid then it is ruptured and needs to clotted. About internal damage? well nothing we can do, just hope it survives.

After a few weeks of it being fine, you can pretty much with great confidence say it's fine. Any serious injury would result in a relatively quick death.

EDIT: arboreals can kind of get away with some falls...ish, but drops are still quite dangerous due to puncture risks and whatnot.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

I managed to them quickly and return them to the cage but... I'm super nervous tomorrow I won't have my spider baby! :/

Avics are know jumpers! You might have killed your T or not!