Is this enclosure fine for G. Pulchripes?

BubbleApples

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm pretty new to the hobby and this is my first T. is there something wrong with this enclosure? He/she usually stays still in front of the hide and sometimes on the sides... the substrate I use is dried Zoo Med eco earth.

Attachments

Potatatas

Arachnoknight
All looks okay to me. Although, what is the hide made out of? Kinda looks like slate which could cause issues if your T decides to climb and falls onto it. But if it's not slate and it's soft then should be fine

BubbleApples

Arachnopeon
All looks okay to me. Although, what is the hide made out of? Kinda looks like slate which could cause issues if your T decides to climb and falls onto it. But if it's not slate and it's soft then should be fine
Just a piece of bark. Thanks for the feedback!

The spider will avoid wet substrate. Over all I see no problems.
I see... thanks! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Congratulations! One of the few times I’ve seen a newer keeper post a picture of an enclosure that looks good. @Potatatas concern about the hide is something I thought also, however even if it is slate, if you know it to be secure it ought not be a concern. If you could, or desired to adjust anything, that should be it.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
looks mighty fine mate...thank god for once someone gets it. I am sick of seeing half inch sub, hight vert, heat lamp, etc. so nice one pal

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Looks good to me. As for the hide I don't think that is an issue there isn't enough height for it to fall anyway. What size is the T