Is this enclosure a good size for this large "Goliath Birdeater"

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
36" 18" 12"
Would this work for a large goldenish brown tarantula marked as "Goliath Bird Eater" I didn't have my phone, and thus couldn't take pictures, but it was only 150 dollars, I'll take pics tomorrow and ask what species and if it's worth this money. (Essentially is it female, cause I'd like a female!). But like it doesn't look super hairy and it's gold/light brown, and quite large! it was being kept poorly I believe, the walls were covered In condensation. It was out in the opening, it did have a hide, but no room to burrow. Since I don't know the actual species, I don't know if it needed those.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Condensation usually isn’t a good thing, but Theraphosa (assuming its a T stirmi) are certainly a moist species. $150 would be normal for a decent-sized female stirmi.

Post some pics for ID and go from there. You are in the right place To find good info on keeping it.

Let us know ehat size it is and we can give better advise on enclosure size.

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
You'll need a clear picture of the underside of the tarantula if you want anyone to be able to tell the sex.

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
I’m guessing that’s a t. Stirmi since T. Blondi are rare. It’s not full grown as those generally reach 8-9 inches I believe. Those are pretty poor conditions. They need a decent amount of substrate although theraposa often don’t use hides/burrowes and are our a lot. Need a hide. A water dish. Something like 10-20 gallons will probably do the trick. Honestly though if this is your 1st i wouldn’t really reccomend it as they are more of an advanced although it’s still pretty easy as tarantulas care requirements aren’t that hard. Maybe get an A. Geniculata or LP if you want a big T. But honestly with the members here helping you you should be fine. Just don’t handle them as hairs are horrible on this species and they are somewhat nasty attitude wise and it’s a lot of spider and a lot of fang

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
The man said it was a T blondi, but I didn't really think it was. It is not my first but it would be my first big one

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
The man said it was a T blondi, but I didn't really think it was. It is not my first but it would be my first big one
Hard to say it it’s male or female the chilicera look big , anyone know are both sexes petty large on fang size?
I guess it’s hard to get a ventral shot in a pet store.
Dono if $150 is a good or bad deal if it ends up an male. If it was female it’s a decent price.