1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this an egg sac?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by N0M3RCY117, Apr 6, 2019.

1. N0M3RCY117

N0M3RCY117 Arachnopeon

Idaho
    Advertisement
    I just got this beautiful Brachypelma Albopilosum on Friday 03/29/19. She ate that day, and then the last two days she built this cocoon. I though she was going to molt, but now I see that puddle of yellow underneath her and I am wondering what is happening? I have several T’s already, but have never bred or been interested in breeding. Help?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. darkness975

darkness975 we face the path of time Arachnosupporter

Looks like eggs. Soon she will spin a protective cocoon around them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MetalMan2004

MetalMan2004 Arachnobaron Active Member

Texas
    Looks like eggs waiting to be spun into a sac. Cool picture. You don’t see that often.

4. Tenebrarius

Tenebrarius Arachnodemon Active Member

yes those are eggs, don't mess with them, the mother T will do what they do for a while.

You are about to have hundreds of little slings crawling around in the coming times.

good luck with all those babies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoprince Old Timer

Disturb her as little as possible. Dump some water in the substrate, so moisure increase. Decrease some ventilation if it is plenty, and just wait. It may not hatch, but it may hatch aswell! Goid luck with it!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Drea

Drea Arachnosquire Active Member

Not that I would be unhappy about receiving a female that had an egg sac a week after I got her.

But wow, I am curious as to where you got her from. I don’t understand who would do that and why.

And congratulations, you are going to be a grandpa. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoprince Old Timer

If it is fertile, and hatches that is!?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Patherophis

Patherophis Arachnoknight Active Member

Two probable options - it is unfertilized or it was WC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Drea

Aah, yep makes sense. It is hard to believe that they are still do WC with those. CB are everywhere in the states. There is going to be 200 more in Idaho soon. ;)

10. Drea

True, one can hope.

11. N0M3RCY117

N0M3RCY117 Arachnopeon

Idaho
    I got her from a local pet shop where she wasn’t being kept very well. They get a lot of their stock from California Zoological supply, but I don’t know if she was WC or CB and they sent her by mistake, or even possibly they gave up on her laying the sac, who knows. I hope it isn’t, but it also may be unfertilized. I guess we’ll see.

Sorry about the late reply. I got notifications for the first couple of replies but not the last few, so I didn’t even realize this had gotten much attention.