Is this a sperm web?

Zuuuluu

Arachnopeon
So I just got a mature aphonopelma seemanni and i’m not quite sure if this was his sperm web. Any guesses? 4B3DD35E-3856-4C7D-A8D4-6AE5E6CF4616.jpeg

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
Does look like that bit of webbing toward the top of the picture is what's left of some kind of web matting / sperm web :) just based on the structure of what's left, I might be wrong.
Could also just be webbing new surroundings as it explores.

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
Could be, looks kinda ropey...
He definitely needs a larger home, though.

Zuuuluu

Arachnopeon
Update: My guy just molted. I think it’s his ultimate molt. The reason why I didn’t move him to a bigger enclosure is that yeah maybe he’s pre-molt so i’ll just give it a few days or so. Will move him to a better one next week. FE18EECB-CBDB-4849-859A-ED2D7A68AEB3.jpeg

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
Update: My guy just molted. I think it’s his ultimate molt. The reason why I didn’t move him to a bigger enclosure is that yeah maybe he’s pre-molt so i’ll just give it a few days or so. Will move him to a better one next week. View attachment 422898
Wasn't mature or a sperm web then :rofl: ach well, time for new clothes and new homes :)

Zuuuluu

Arachnopeon
Wasn't mature or a sperm web then :rofl: ach well, time for new clothes and new homes :)
Will do! I just gotta wait a week before I move him to a bigger enclosure. Here’s another pic of the T. He really looks like one of them mature male A. Seemannis on here . 550D95AA-9114-4CD0-8E57-3C76892F6854.jpeg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I would wait longer than a week to move him directly after molting as a sub adult. Let it fully harden before moving it. There’s no rush after molting

Zuuuluu

Arachnopeon
Update: I had to rehouse him. His bigger than the enclosure now when he started to stretch his legs and roam around his small enclosure after 3 days of molting. I just placed his previous enclosure inside the bigger one and just let him crawl out. Once he did that I took pictures of him. I made a much more bigger and deeper enclosure since A. Seemannis like to burrow. Hoping that he would like it. EAB802CD-0EA7-48A4-9297-3FB42C324B6E.jpeg

TheHound

Arachnoknight
Sperm webs look more like a blanket; they will literally lie underneath on their back as if it were a blanket, in order to transfer sperm to their pedipalps.