Is this a good price for a Mexican Red Knee tarantula?

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Those people shop exclusively at Walmart and think all business should be conducted like the cut rate, big box retailer. Anybody that has been alive long enough to see WM spread like VD in a war zone know what the consequences are. What those same folks tend to overlook is that there is no motivation for people to breed creatures when there is almost no financial reward. Quality and attention to detail fall by the wayside. Not to say that some pricing isn't incredibly outrageous but more often than not when I look at a price list I'm not bothered b what I see. It takes investment, effort, dedication & time to get animals mated and through to a reasonable size for sale. A buck or two just doesn't cut it if you're selling retail. Not a swipe at you, jen650s, just what you wrote reminded me of a grievance that I have towards the whole dunderheaded crowd that thinks everything should be available to them in a 99 cent store;)
I agree wholeheartedly. I work in retail, and I cannot believe the number of people who will come in, take an hour of a sales persons time and then say "it's $ cheaper on Amazon, will you match the price" and then cannot understand why we don't.

Malodave

Arachnopeon
I've had a 6" MF B. smithi given to me from an animal hospital. Sadly she recently died.
I picked up 5 Slings from Ken the bug guy for $125 shipped. Two are still around. One
of those look like a female. I also have another B. smithi that should molt into a mature
male next time around.

Malodave